1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Go-Autoworks.com has excellent radiators at a very reasonable price I have ran one my race car for 2 yrs now and it works flawless. Some of the ebay warehouse rads I have seen leak like a sieve after a couple months.

·
Formally known as SPONSOREDCRX
3,566 Posts
Lifetime warrenty fuck it. What do you have to loose?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so whats a good way to get mine cleaned? i think i ate so much oil into the coolant that i gummed up the radiator...

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
It's generally not worth it. Most of the eBay units are good. I ran one in my 92 Si with no issues at all. Cleaning our a radiator that is seriously gunked up can actually make things worse if you dislodge all the crap into your cooling system.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's generally not worth it. Most of the eBay units are good. I ran one in my 92 Si with no issues at all. Cleaning our a radiator that is seriously gunked up can actually make things worse if you dislodge all the crap into your cooling system.
i figured that...and what i would have paid to clean it i could have bought a new one...

PM answered...

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Using a dual core half rad.....works fine.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
Only if you don't notice your running hot. Which is really pretty easy to do......
lol i know. you will notice it before you cause any engine damage lol

·
Registered
397 Posts
so whats a good way to get mine cleaned? i think i ate so much oil into the coolant that i gummed up the radiator...
if you just want to replace the radiator, not looking for performance, read the seller's feedback, and buy it. its just a replacement for the stock radiator...

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
if you just want to replace the radiator, not looking for performance, read the seller's feedback, and buy it. its just a replacement for the stock radiator...
yeah...its just a stock replacement...

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
yeah...its just a stock replacement...
Step up and get the dual core. I've had both and the all aluminum dual core is constructed much better.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
yaeh im running a mishimoto i got off ebay for cheap. no probs at all.

·
Registered
eg9
344 Posts
i've got a 1" single core aluminum with plastic end tabs ebay model and its ran fine for years no leaks. i had the same issue old motor clogged the old radiator with oil and i would prefer the thicker single core over the smaller dual core.

your best bet is the goautoworks though its got aluminum end tabs so it'll last longer and i believe its thicker then the rest for cheap!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
clutchmaster wants to sell me an OEM 5th gen radiator for 38 bucks shipped...

two issues:
1. will a 92-95 radiator fit my 6th gen?
2. i am apprehensive about buying a used radiator...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts