Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
for the price they do look nice but then you must also look at the fact that they dont have rod bolts. now arp rod bolts i believe are around 100 so there you are at 300 and you can get fjt i beams or h beams cant remember for around the same price. best bet spend a few more bucks and get the fjt's they are proven and come with arp 3/8 rod bolts in them already. just my two cents.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
for the price they do look nice but then you must also look at the fact that they dont have rod bolts. now arp rod bolts i believe are around 100 so there you are at 300 and you can get fjt i beams or h beams cant remember for around the same price. best bet spend a few more bucks and get the fjt's they are proven and come with arp 3/8 rod bolts in them already. just my two cents.
FJT never seems to have in stock.
I am willing to try them

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Missed the point there didn'tcha?

There are other rods you can use. Look into scat rods.

·
Registered
327 Posts
correct me if im wrong but...since they dont have bolts you'd have to have them resized ones you install the arps in them. it'd probably be just as cost effective to buy eagles

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they take 3/8th bolts
so the reg ARPs should work 100%

it works out to R2100 (south african) currency
Eagle are R3500 here.

·
Registered
414 Posts
If ebay rods were good enough for half the 2-300 hp builds on here dont you think more people would be using them?

Id stick with whats been tried and true, eagles arent that much. pm P2P0 , he just hooked me up big time and has custom length rods in stock! im they should be here saturday, im pumped =)

·
Registered
723 Posts
i think those rods are also made by star galaxy (eagle/tuner toyz/scat rods makers) but just with weaker rod bolts. and also ive heard those ebays sometimes have fitment issues or just made with bad quality control

1 - 12 of 12 Posts