Honda D Series Forum banner

Dynomax VT sucks.

9K views 31 replies 23 participants last post by  JosA 
#1 · (Edited)
Fresh out the box. Right back into the box.

Same problems i am having FTL:

#8 ·
#13 ·
So is this a showcase then or a review?

Also I dont think one of us were making any kind of excuse for Dynomax I sure we were all try to help you figure out why it sounded they way it did and from the shitty ass vid that is what we all thought of it all in our own opinon!

Reactions: eddcartes
#16 ·
Yea, I bought a dynomax some odd years ago, This was horrible.. even the butt dyno noticed a shitty performance..

Thing is, a week later the shop i got it from wouldnt swap it out.. so in the trash it went.
I went to a Vibrant Stealth and now I use Magnaflow.

#18 ·
^How I feel about my Bisi header...lol So much hate out there yet mine is fine.

Reactions: eddcartes
#19 ·
yeah a muffler is a simple system, when you add moving parts inside of one coupled with a poor QC it's bound to be hit or miss. You could design a vacuum baffle fairly easy similar to a BMW. I love my magnaflow performance XL muffler. also you have to look at the entire exhaust setup before you call a muffler junk.

#21 ·
I'm pretty sure Dynomax has done extensive testing with this muffler. And i'm pretty sure the muffler has rattled during testing on certain vehicles.

However, if the good out weighs the bad during testing, put it into production & include a 90 day trial warranty.

That is why i classify this muffler as junk. They know what they are doing, and the valve on the inside will become loose eventually anyway. We just want to give the benefit of the doubt.

#24 ·
Have you contacted them for a warranty replacement?

I've heard the VT on 4 cylinders. it still sounds good, at least when it doesn't rattle.

Your lopey idle is from a bad tune or, possibly, Delta screwing up yet another grind on a cam.

#26 ·
the only issue i had with my 2.5 was the rattle that was mad annoying but besides that i would say its a solid muffler even more so for the price

#29 ·
Mine is a little rattly at times but nothing like that. I love mine it sounds great at cruise and at wot. A rough idle will make it lope I would think because the big exhaust pulses would make the flapper bounce back and forth pretty good. I had a 272 and it wasn't that lope on a stock ecu.

My current set up is 3in all the way back from the header on a 12.5cr d with a stock cam. I bet a smoother idle would fix the problem.

#32 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.