Registered
ej2
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Lol installed backwards.
No.

pipe is hitting a sway bar I bet
No.

This man^^^ sounds like your pipe is hitting every dang thing it can!
No.

This, if that thing is really backwards I dont think the flapper will open and im guessing it will make that ugly sound. I have one in my car and it sound fresh.

Edit: I listen to it this time and your flapper inside is rattling. Which could be installed backwards.
Yes.It's the flapper.

Please stop making excuses for Dynomax guys. This muffler is ass and doesn't do well with certain idles.

Same problems i am having:

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
986 Posts
So is this a showcase then or a review?

Also I dont think one of us were making any kind of excuse for Dynomax I sure we were all try to help you figure out why it sounded they way it did and from the shitty ass vid that is what we all thought of it all in our own opinon!

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
So is this a showcase then or a review?

Also I dont think one of us were making any kind of excuse for Dynomax I sure we were all try to help you figure out why it sounded they way it did and from the shitty ass vid that is what we all thought of it all in our own opinon!
just noticed. moved to its proper place. :TU:

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Yea, I bought a dynomax some odd years ago, This was horrible.. even the butt dyno noticed a shitty performance..

Thing is, a week later the shop i got it from wouldnt swap it out.. so in the trash it went.
I went to a Vibrant Stealth and now I use Magnaflow.

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
^How I feel about my Bisi header...lol So much hate out there yet mine is fine.

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
yeah a muffler is a simple system, when you add moving parts inside of one coupled with a poor QC it's bound to be hit or miss. You could design a vacuum baffle fairly easy similar to a BMW. I love my magnaflow performance XL muffler. also you have to look at the entire exhaust setup before you call a muffler junk.

·
Registered
ej2
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have a VT. I've put at least 10k miles on it so far. It sounds fantastic, and no rattles.

Get another one.
Acid, You're the reason i got one. Sounded great on the Legend. However, the Legend doesn't have a lopey idle like i do. (272)

I'm in search of another muffler that will do good with such idle as mine now..Not sure what to try = |

1 - 20 of 32 Posts