Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This muffler gets two thumbs up. Up where? I don't know, but they are WAY up.

I had to replace the stock muffler about a month ago. The only muffler I could get on short notice that I thought I could tolerate was a Dynomax Superturbo. It sounds great, but, holy crapnuggets did it drooooooooooooooooooooone. I had some money come in and found a good price on a 2.5" Dynomax VT (from Summit on eBay, with free shipping, unlike regular orders from Summit!). These mufflers have a flap that is spring loaded to close most of the exhaust path at idle and low throttle positions when the mass flow is minimal.

Here's Dynomax's commercial for the muffler:

Here is there test of how well it works:

That is EXACTLY what it did with my car. +1 for a manufacturer meeting claims!

This is how my Legend sounds now:

This is before:

Yes, my dash is a mess. No, I don't need a CD deck. That 20+ year old Optimus headunit sounds almost as good as my Kenwood Excelon deck that I need to send in for warranty work. So NYAR!

·
Premium Member
89 CRX Si
1,041 Posts
You couldn't have pointed it out the window or at the tachometer or something? Nope...these are my boots, and my dash is a work in progress...or regress!

;)

That is impressive. Ol' Yeller could certainly use something like that.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Oooo I want one.

·
Registered
98 Civic CX-T on E85
1,797 Posts
how much was that muff dog?

i wonder how much the flap restricts flow WOT...
There is quite a few guys on the evo forum running them and still making 450+whp with no issues...if that says something

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
yeah but anyone can make power, even with a restricted exhaust, with enough boost... but does it actually flow like a true straight through muffler?

im gonna assume its close... but not quite there.

if the spring ever bites the dust its gonna sound weird thats for sure tho!

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update after about 20+ hours of driving last weekend:

It gets a bit louder at about 70MPH. There is a very slight amount of drone when opening the throttle enough to maintain speed up a gentle incline or easing around a slow-poke in the cruising lane. This is really minor, IMO, and will likely disappear completely when I install a resonator. It sounds awesome otherwise and I really like it overall. I wish they made oval muffs, so I could install one in the center tunnel of my CRX.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Um . . . You can install a muffler into just about any car, and the CRX definitely has enough space for almost all of these mufflers. That's how I installed it in my Legend.

·
Registered
840 Posts
bought to replace my fart can haha, should be here soon updates to come

1 - 20 of 49 Posts