Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Civic EK
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy i just got my self a dynomax super turbo muffler 3" i dint check before buying whiche i should of :p

Its going on my d16zc turbo, 3" downpipe and 3" exhaust no resonater nothing with the dyonmax super turbo 3" muffler so its pretty much 3" froM the turbo to the back So im wondering will my car have a nice sound? I dont want it to have that ratling sound

If and one can shim in i will be more than happy :) thanks

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Decent with a turbo, but you are the only one who can tell if it sounds good or not. Asking a question like that is like a woman asking if a dress makes her look fat. It's best not to answer it at all. heh

·
MuthaFuckaUppa
2009 Civic Si Sedan
523 Posts
Decent with a turbo, but you are the only one who can tell if it sounds good or not. Asking a question like that is like a woman asking if a dress makes her look fat. It's best not to answer it at all. heh
The dress don't make her look fat the fat makes her look fat.

Sound is relative to everyone's ears. I think age has something to do with it too? There is a shit head in my neighborhood with a moped and some type of loudener and I want to shoot him every time he drives by, but I bet he thinks it sounds great. I have no idea how you can make a 50cc motor produce 200 decibels.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
I know how. I did it on a John Dear Gator. The muffler cracked off and the guy wanted it louder, so I made a cone and put it on instead of the muffler. People could hear him driving that thing from a long ways off. LOL!

I think superturbos sound good with turbos. Not so good without a turbo. It will sound better with a resonator, too, but that is also MO.

·
Registered
Civic 6th gen hatch
69 Posts
I have one!

Full 3" turbo back with a Dynomax resonator and a Dynomax super turbo muffler (offset in and outlet)
Best sound ever! It's really quite for 3" and it hasn't a raspy sound but a nice deep tone.
The only problem is that those mufflers are big and it was really tight with my 24mm swaybar and ASR brace but it fits.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had one on a stock b18b1 crx..
it was an egay 4-1 header, then crappy rusted mild steel traight pipe, all he way back to the dynomax turbo muffler. All the way up until 3k rpm it sounded deep and very quiet you couldn't hear it really. Then past that thanks to my piping it was a little raspy but still quieter than all the usual fart cans. I bet with the turbo and a resonator it could sound very nice and quiet like above stated...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts