Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
maybe spinning..? what motor..? maybe a little more info as far as the set-up goes.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
lol, with no other info than just the tq/hp curve, nobody can give you an accurate reason why it dips. there are so many possible contributing factors it would be pointless to even try and guess

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry I was in a rush when I posted. Its a b16 longblock type r cams edbrock in mani miniram on a 60-1 @ 30 lbs. We now think it was the coil in the dizzy taking a shit on us. We replaced it and the car is running lovely. We will see when we get it back to the track. On 23 lbs this set up made 475 and ran a best of 10.9 @130. When it got retuned to 30 lbs it made over 500 and this car hasnt seen 10s yet. So we will see what haps.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
god damn it dipped even lower I thought that one pull he made 507 in for some suggestions Im all out as well
This was the dynograh from the honda meet day. The pull we did yesterday was very similar and the dips were in the same spot but worse. Youre right it made 507 yesterday but the dips was killing us as you know and we can see it at the track.

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
is it leaning out? is the fuel system stock? the lines, pump, injectors etc could be choking the fuel system.

slipping clutch.

chassis dyno or roller? could be spinning?

ignition could be a problem. what are the plugs gapped at, it could be blowing out spark in the higher RPMs. also could be going weak due to the heat range of plugs or a dizzy problem.

could also be the timing being off.

there are many possibilities, those are my thoughts thus far.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
is it leaning out? is the fuel system stock? the lines, pump, injectors etc could be choking the fuel system.

slipping clutch.

chassis dyno or roller? could be spinning?

ignition could be a problem. what are the plugs gapped at, it could be blowing out spark in the higher RPMs. also could be going weak due to the heat range of plugs or a dizzy problem.

could also be the timing being off.

there are many possibilities, those are my thoughts thus far.
Thanks for the response man. We now believe it was a coil going bad in the dizzy. We replaced it and its now running much better, but havent been able to get back on the dyno.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts