Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Currently trying to make my car a little more enjoyable to drive by reducing vibration and drone.

currently using a 3" exhaust with a enforce muffler and would like to improve on this. I have been doing some reading on the dynoflow VT - but i am concerned about vibrations and rattling - anyone have any first hand experience?

Cheers

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
Are those the ones with the moving damper inside the muffler? I wouldnt want any exhaust restrictions, do you have any resonators in your system? If not add an 18" and a 12" or two 18" would make a nice difference

·
Premium Member
'92 CX Twincharged D
750 Posts

·
Registered
A Captiva Blue Si Ha
73 Posts
There are a billion reports of those mufflers failing and rattling after 6-12 months. The spring and valve mechanism isn't very reliable.

·
Registered
370 Posts
There are a billion reports of those mufflers failing and rattling after 6-12 months. The spring and valve mechanism isn't very reliable.
Could you please provide your sources? I did a check on the "googles" and a search for "VT muffler fail" only produced .5 million results. The first few I read did not specifically reference the muffler failing.

·
Registered
88 hatch
789 Posts
I had one on my all motor set up and loved it. It would rattle at idle but and idle speed adjustment would have taken car of it. Sold it to a friend who put it on a built na b and its pretty quiet on it too. Still rattles at idle. I would buy one again for a dd

·
Registered
370 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Are those the ones with the moving damper inside the muffler? I wouldnt want any exhaust restrictions, do you have any resonators in your system? If not add an 18" and a 12" or two 18" would make a nice difference
^^ this

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
I have no issues with my turbo d16y8 besides being a little loud at times, it has a nice tone and no drone or rasp and I only have a vibrant muffler and 18" vibrant resonator, some day if I feel like spending more money and cutting/welding my exhaust again I will buy another 18" vibrant to reduce the noise a little more

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I guess there are 3 options

Exforce Varex - Prefered option
Con - it is a HUGE muffler and there is struggle fitting this on the EG hatchback in the 3" option

Dynoflow VT
Con - common issue with rattling and

Inline 3" valve
Con - Possible issues with back pressure and EGT's

1 - 17 of 17 Posts