Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going on the dyno next saturday (mustang 2 dyno) and i was wondering what your guy's best guest would be for my car's hp and tq.
1998 civic hatch
stock D16Y7 block
stock D16Z6 head
t3 .42/.48 at 15lbs
ssauto mani
adj. fuel pressure reg.
vortech fmu(yes i know, very bad for high boost)
aem cam gear
2.25 inch exhaust
front mount intercooler
prelude injectors 345cc
holley 255lph fuel pump forced induction model
C-16 race gas

I'm hoping for 200 hp at the wheels. Yes i am aware of the fmu being very bad for tuning high boost but it has been working for me for over a year now and i have new motor which is getting built properly so don't worry about me blowing up. If it didn't blow up at 18psi then it won't blow up at 15psi. Let me know what u think.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
D16 Power said:
I'm going on the dyno next saturday (mustang 2 dyno) and i was wondering what your guy's best guest would be for my car's hp and tq.
1998 civic hatch
stock D16Y7 block
stock D16Z6 head
t3 .42/.48 at 15lbs
ssauto mani
adj. fuel pressure reg.
vortech fmu(yes i know, very bad for high boost)
aem cam gear
2.25 inch exhaust
front mount intercooler
prelude injectors 345cc
holley 255lph fuel pump forced induction model
C-16 race gas

I'm hoping for 200 hp at the wheels. Yes i am aware of the fmu being very bad for tuning high boost but it has been working for me for over a year now and i have new motor which is getting built properly so don't worry about me blowing up. If it didn't blow up at 18psi then it won't blow up at 15psi. Let me know what u think.
ditch that FMU or you will blow it up, I guarantee it, get a p28 and chip it and be much happier with even more power man..... and you might want to think about getting 2.5 inch or even 3 inch with that much output on that turbo....

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
X292J said:
but wouldent a higher octane just control detonation?
yes, which in turn will allow you to be extremely agressive with timing. so at the same boost level, you will be able to make more power.

it also allows you to crank the boost up higher and be safer than regular fuel

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the reply ryan. i appreciate u answering my post unlike some people who still decided to rag on my setup, which i already stated wasn't the best way to do it. All i want was a reply on hp and tq, nothing else.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
D16 Power said:
thanks for the reply ryan. i appreciate u answering my post unlike some people who still decided to rag on my setup, which i already stated wasn't the best way to do it. All i want was a reply on hp and tq, nothing else.
i dont think it was ragging at all. it looked like constructive criticism.

IMO you weould definately be safer with a chipped ecu and a little bigger injectors. have you done any research on the freeware/DIY programs over at pgmfi.org? you should look into it, lots of good stuff goin on :TU:

·
Random Hero
2,624 Posts
you'll also make more power with a chipped ecu and proper tuning.

After you get it (chipped ecu + tuning) you'll understand why everyone was/is constructivly critisizing.

we're just offering you better ideals. run the fmu until you can save up for chip/tuning. It's not a bad idea. But with that high of boost...it's scary.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Those injectors will be fine for 200whp on a Mustang dyno but @ 15psi on a T3 you should be well over 200whp. You might want to upgrade to some 440's along with the chipped ECU to be safe.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
X292J said:
in an update i heard C16 smells like firecrackers and turns your cat into a brick...
neet-o, so dose C16 really smell like that?
what you hear for the cat is tru cause its leaded gas lol. also makes the o2 sensors take shits if used alot

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the 18psi was kind of an accident and should never have been that high. i thought my wastegate was broken because no matter how high i turned it up it never went higher than 9lbs and i didn't see any leaks. Finally i put my car up on the hoist at work and found that the rubber coupler on the intercooler had two cuts in it and was leaking boost. I fixed it but never turned the wastegate back down and so i ended up boosting to 18lbs but only for a second because i worried about going BOOM.

I do know about the ecu and tuning programs u can get, i haven't been able to find an ecu for a reasonable price yet. I get a little uppy at comments about me blowing my motor because all the non d-series people who don't know anything about the motor figured i was going to blow it up because it has stock internals. I've been running on an fmu for over a year with 10lbs and no hickups. It can been done, it is scary but it can be done. I don't recommend anyone else doing it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts