Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Talk about rideing a fine line there. Looks like it's time to start shopping for forged internals.

·
Ferio inspired
2,441 Posts
riding the fine line ? detune? what motor does he have???

mine made 218whp and i was no where near breaking the motor @ 15psi. i had more HP than that too after the methanol:beer:

·
Ferio inspired
2,441 Posts
maybe if the operator screws up the weight input.

think of it this way, lowest to highest readings:beer:

mustang--->dyno-jet----->dyna-pak

·
Ferio inspired
2,441 Posts
eg6motion said:
how long were you boosted?
since 04;) with a good tuner, there is no way you should break a motor less than 250whp:beer:

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,227 Posts
mustang vs dyna pak uncorrect = within 5 whp of each other.

add 15% for the dynojet numbers.

I was sitting in the Raceline vs. Zerolift dyno conversation tonight.

But my 118 whp dynojet vs 121 Mustang dyno, the dynojet would have been readin 128-129 whp!

Oh yeah, it was basically the tuners from three local shops sittnig around and bullshitting, I was just trying to be open ears.

·
Ferio inspired
2,441 Posts
transzex said:
mustang vs dyna pak uncorrect = within 5 whp of each other.

add 15% for the dynojet numbers.

I was sitting in the Raceline vs. Zerolift dyno conversation tonight.

But my 118 whp dynojet vs 121 Mustang dyno, the dynojet would have been readin 128-129 whp!

Oh yeah, it was basically the tuners from three local shops sittnig around and bullshitting, I was just trying to be open ears.
please show me proof, EVERY dyna pak i have seen clearly states flywheel HP as the measure.
as with all mustang dynos i have noticed a varying variance in actual hp, since it is supposed to measure things like wind, drag and ect.
like i said there is a weight calculation that plays heavily into operator error:beer:

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
my dyno slip form the dyna pack says flywheel hp on it, but when I asked my tuner about it he said his dyno is 20 hp lower than a dyno jet and a little higher than a mustang dyno. He had a car run on his dyno, then went to a shop down the road and ran on a dynojet, the dyno jet showed 20 hp higher. May not be the same for all dynos, but his does read lower like bone said.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
civicspy70 said:
wow another person from saskatchewan that brings the total to 2 people on this forum
That's right i am from Regina, SK. I'm trying to be faster than Veris and zcvtec on 306.

·
Ferio inspired
2,441 Posts
vtecduck said:
. He had a car run on his dyno, then went to a shop down the road and ran on a dynojet, the dyno jet showed 20 hp higher. .
you cannot expect for a Mustang dyno to be accurate all the time. literally tire pressure, weight, and the cars postion on the rollers can change. If you unstrap a car off a Mustang then you can expcet the HP readings to be off. this is why you never take one off while doing changes to the engine.
a mustang dyno is a loaded current vs a hydralic on th Dyna Pak. the dyna pak will deliver consistent results, since it is only connnected Via the hub and not tires.
yes there is a diffrence.:beer:

taken straight from the Dyna-Pak website.
Take tie-down straps for example. Most roller dynos use ratcheting tie-down straps to attempt to hold the vehicle in position while being tested. If the straps are cinched down tightly, the tire has become loaded even further, in an unpredictable manner. While this may be good for enhancing traction, it changes the rolling resistance of the tire - skewing the data further. Since these tie-down straps aren’t perfect, the vehicle squirms around on the rollers - dramatically changing the tire drag during the run. If the vehicle is tested in two different sessions, the straps can’t be set exactly the same way twice in a row. Again, the data will be inconsistent. We have heard of cases where the ratcheting tie-down straps were loosened by two clicks and the measured power increased by ten horsepower

1 - 20 of 20 Posts