·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't even think of that... Since it's tuned by rpm/tps, I guess it would make a difference... If I would get the boost sensor and harness, could I tune proportional to boost? I'd like to eventually get an ebc and be able to turn down boost for dd and kick it up when I wanted some extra fun...

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Good numbers man, turn up the boost!

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
what you'd want to do is tune to the highest you may turn the boost up to, then you can turn it down for daily driving and you'll be fine. that way you'll have room to move around. right now, you're at the limit of your tune on 6.5, which is no fun! :)

O

·
0 Posts
00kickercivic said:
should be more hp than that i would think.... and that printout says flywheel hp
that's 6.5lbs of boost and they ALWAYs say flywheel, see the correction factor of 1.000 that's to tellt he comptuer to post actually HP not estimated. so it's wheel power.

see what happens when you let a pro do the things they do best? ;)

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
see what happens when you let a pro do the things they do best?
yeah, yeah, yeah...I know, I know... lol, j/k :) Thanks for steering me in the right direction!!!

should be more hp than that i would think
Also, I don't have an ic on it yet, so when I get that on, I'll have to retune anyway, and will get an ebc and tune for a little more...

One more thing...I'm going to get another engine for a winter project...guy wants $100 for a running y7 longblock...the head looks really good, but the bottom end needs to be rebuilt...and I was going to do that anyway... I figure, for $100, I can't go wrong...and, if nothing else, I could part it out and pretty much get my money back... Whatchathink??

·
Neighborhood Asshole is Back!
1,892 Posts
oscarmayer said:
that's 6.5lbs of boost and they ALWAYs say flywheel, see the correction factor of 1.000 that's to tellt he comptuer to post actually HP not estimated. so it's wheel power.

see what happens when you let a pro do the things they do best? ;)
ok i was gonna say... if that was flywheel horsepower.... i wouldnt be happy

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Actually, this is a "pod style" dyno, so it measures hp at the axles, not the wheels, so it doesn't take into account swinging the wheels/tires. To me, it seems like the numbers are still a little low, but it's running good, and it was a 4th gear run... I'm planning on heading to Lapeer on sat, so I'll post my timeslips again to see if the times back up the numbers and vice versa.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts