Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while since I've been on here but moved onto a stock setup, just got dyno'd and it's one of the highest I've ever seen for my setup...wondering if I'm crazy...Tuner insists it's safe and wb is reading a solid 11.5 a/f...

Minime a6/z6 - stock everything except ARP's

HF/14b turbo pushing it's stock 8psi

450's and open 2.5 DP

Tuned using Crome Gold ~ 4hrs

*** About 6 months ago I got a tune on the same dyno and put down 208whp with a cat and 2" exhaust.***

Only thing I've changed since then was finally fix some bad grounds, and fixed a few minor (pinholes) leaks in the FMIC, and of course made it open DP which changed the A/F, so that's why I retuned.

Attachments

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like it always has...a bit sooner than it did before.

No exhaust leaks that I found, did quite a bit to make sure of that.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pump 91 octane...

Only thing I can think of is maybe his dyno is reading too high...or I'm on the brink of a big bang (which he assures me I'm very safe).

Never seen this high of a number with my setup...I was expecting MAYBE 220whp

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
take it to the track....its the only way to really tell

dyno numbers are a tuning tool not the end all to a set-up....see what it traps, that should give you a better idea of the actual power being made

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Fixed bad grounding
fixed a tiny boost leak
made the exhaust breathe

this can easily translate into 30+whp

my dsm buddy has seen the 14b's push 260whp before and that is of course on a low compression 2 liter

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Fixed bad grounding
fixed a tiny boost leak
made the exhaust breathe

this can easily translate into 30+whp

my dsm buddy has seen the 14b's push 260whp before and that is of course on a low compression 2 liter
Not at 8 psi they are not.

Something is fishy...

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^ I agree.

Taking it to the track soon and we'll know for sure.

The car definitely screams and FEELS faster, but it could be the placebo effect...

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Just looking at the graph, that seems like an awfully late spool for a 14b running an open DP to me...

Are you running a boost controller of any kind?

Boost gauge?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No boost controller, stock internal WG and stock actuator...turbo was rebuilt and has 0 play and the wg is solid.

Got a boost gauge and it was reading a solid 8psi during entire tune, no spikes of any kind that I or the tuner caught.

·
Registered
same
1,624 Posts
his dyno reads high, even a t3/t4 with a GOOD manifold wont make that much power at 8psi...

most GSRs with a t3/t4 make around the same power at that boost level.

either the boost was alot higher, or his dyno is high. i vote dyno only because i dont think the HF manifold will easily support 250+whp........

keep the dyno for bragging rights, but take it to the track, should be 12s easy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My guess is the dyno is reading high because i have never heard of 8 pounds on that small of turbo making 250 whp on stock engine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts