Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
none
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there I wanted to post a small DIY
i was bored at home and i decided to turn my del sol auxiliar lights to yellow ones not using a head light yellow film.
I was at the junk yard the other day and i found some yellow cylinders from a 90's lexus ES and i decide to put on my auxiliar lights here is what i did....

I had a spare auxiliar light on my garage so i worked in this first before i did to the ones on my del sol

tools you need is a dremel and Philips screw driver

you need this yellow cylinder you can find those on a 90's lexus es or and acura rl

i unmounted the auxiliar lamp from the metal bracket (it's optional i did unmounted because i wanted to repaint the metal bracket)

take it off the metal thing inside the lamp

u will have something like this

·
Registered
none
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
use your dremel to cut the inner part from the light bulb hole

after you cut it you insert the yellow cylinder in the lamp

you can use J&B welding to stick it together the cylinder and the lamp

and you have the results (use a h3 bulb for for the new cylinder and do a rewire for the new bulb)

and yellow auxiliar lights

i havent put them into my del sol yet, so i dont have some pictures how it would look like at night but everyone can get the idea. I hope you all like the small DIY.

·
Premium Member
95 Solvic, 93 dS si
694 Posts
Thats actually pretty damn innovative, mad props!
Now we just need to find the P/N for those inserts for those of us who dont ahve access to a lex at the yards. Im going to see how this will work out in the aftermarket housings also.

REP!

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
nice job. there is a write up on that for the DA integra; the acura legend fog light trick for the DA integra.

·
Registered
none
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
well i didnt know that was a write up already sorry
i was bored at home and did that
oh no you got me wrong. your write up is not a copy of the DA one. for starters you don't have to dremel the housing to put the yellow plastic, the DA have the provision already, so it is easier.

so rest easy, you did good. ;)

·
Registered
none
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah i thought about getting yellow bulbs but i had one and when one burned i had wait for a new order but with this i just go to any part store and get a h3 ,...............
thanks by the way

1 - 20 of 38 Posts