Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
DIY: cheat sniffer

i have a single cam turbo civic and ive never been able to tune my car to pass smog. Ive been doing some research on bmw,vw,audi and mercedes and how they pass smog, i found out that they use a air injection system that pumps from 300 to 550 cfm of fresh air into the exhaust. So this past weekend i "borrowed" my moms 97 bmw 328is air injection pump , i than went to my local home depot and picked up a 4 foot long peice of stainless braided teflon high temp hose to use to connect the pump to my wideband bung.......my test nearly came out as if the car wasent running at all...PIMP

:werd: ill have a :beer: on the state

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup no more tickets @190 a pop

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
thats a freakin dope idea man, fuck the man!!!!!!

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
How would you "get caught"
Granted I dont have emissions here..?
so I wouldn't know..

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
very very intersting. it would be a pain in the ass to have to rip off my hmt kit every year for inspections. i mean if it comes down to that i will do it but it would be sweet to still pass emissions with it on :D

i think i'll start looking around for those pumps. do alittle research on em

·
This one's for you, Duck.
Wait, what?
2,304 Posts
rotory20 said:
How would you "get caught"
Granted I dont have emissions here..?
so I wouldn't know..
Well, some emissions inspectors are VERY picky about what goes on under the hood. They look for CARB stickers, ghetto-rigged mods, and other stuff. If they found this little device, he could get stuck with a very hefty fine, and possibly a license suspension. Emmissions, serious business.

:roll:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
just an option...... if u know what u are doing with any install it can become "stealth"...and if u get caught you will be fined and poss jail time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts