Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone tried a dx trans in an si 88-91.
i have a few people who say that it's better because of gear ratios, then i have had a few say it really sucks.
one guy even said he put a dx trans into his stock crx si and outran another stock si in the q/t mile.
what do you fella's think?

F

·
0 Posts
I put a DX tranny on my 94 del sol Si and it was fun for awhile but when that tranny went i went back to an Si tranny and i'll never go back. the acceleration of the Si tranny is alot more noticable then the DX tranny. 3rd in the DX tranny was to long.

·
The H Badge is it!
91 crx
5,657 Posts
Fitzysdelsolsi said:
I put a DX tranny on my 94 del sol Si and it was fun for awhile but when that tranny went i went back to an Si tranny and i'll never go back. the acceleration of the Si tranny is alot more noticable then the DX tranny. 3rd in the DX tranny was to long.
i had an si tranny in my ol' dx and i wouldnt go back. as a matter of fact im looking into buying a 96 dx and the very first mod is gonna be y8 tranny...

·
Registered
93 Posts
DX tranny have same gear, but a shitty final drive!!

3.888 for the dx and 4.25 for the SI one but gear are same

1st 3.250
2nd 1.894
3rd 1.259
4th 0.937
5th 0.771
REVERSE 3.153

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
if you are looking for speed...no matter what your setup, n/a, n2o, turbo, the tranny geared more towards acceleration will always win. unless the driver is shit. dont bother with the whole "stay in boost longer" bullshit with the longer geared trannys, what a joke. the SI is definately a better choice.

and mpg isnt bad with the SI. i get 36-37 mpg city driving with my '90 a6 motor/tranny swap. and im not easy on the throttle by any means.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts