Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey people, i'm still new at this so i have a few questions to ask... please help!

some guy is selling a dx block with a vtec head and a dx tranny for $200. is it worth $200?! i was planning on doing a vtec swap this spring cuz my tranny's slipping and my motor's slowly breaking down. i do have a 4 door eg civic... if it matters. let me know what you think cuz i plan on picking this thing up tomorrow night. he says i'll need a intake manifold, vtec ecu and the dizzy. (does my intake manifold and dizzy work or would i have to find a vtec one?!)

block has 100,000 miles
head has 170,000 miles
tranny has 140,000 (plan to sell and get an ex tranny)

thank you.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright, i decided to not go with it.... i couldn't trust the high mileage head and tranny. plus i still had to get a bunch of parts too.... so i can wait... thanks for the reply EGProject!

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
i'm not the britest bulb in the pack at times but by the look of his sig, i would say:

d16z6 head(vtec head)
d15b7 block(dx block)
d15b7 tranny(plan to sell and get an ex tranny)

then again what do i know.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Looks like the block and transmission are the same as you already have, so you'd really only be using the head...

...$200 might seem a lot for a head with 170K miles, then again, you could probably sell the block for $50 or your complete engine for $100 and the trans for another $100, in which case it is worth it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts