Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible? It seems like all the d-series cars that came with mpfi are manual only, and I need an auto mpfi ecu. The throttle bodies are also different between auto and manual, too, aren't they? Will my auto throttle body bolt up to the Si A6 manifold? TIA. I guess there's a reason why people don't build up auto hondas. Other than being slower,lol.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Yes its possible. You need to modify the a6 throttle body by adding an additional transmission cable gear to next to the throttle cable gear like on the b2 throttle body. Im not sure if you can do this but you could try to use the b2 tb's cable gear on the a6 tb. Not sure if that will work. I made my own. You need a PO6 auto lx/dx ecu(OBD1), the OBD0 PS9 or PM7 auto ecu. modify your harness for the mpfi swap and install your choice of mpfi intake manifold.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you!!!

I can run any one of those ecu's, right?
Is there any certain d15 intake manifold I should look for, or will any D16 intake manifold will work? Thanks alot. I've seen auto's with swaps but I didn't know how it would work. I was thinking of upgrading to the jdm D15b later on, so I figured I'd do the mpfi swap for a little extra power now. The auto p28 would work with the jdm D15b, right?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There wasn't a direct transmission question(Just in case you aren't trying to be a smartass). It was pertaining to the differences due to the transmission, hence the post in the transmission subforum. I would probably get more replies in the tech forum though, but I was just wanting an answer when I posted this. Extra comments can always help.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LoL. I would like it to be moved, though, I could probably get more replies if it was in a more frequented area. I wasn't really thinking when I posted it here. I know I would get b!tched at for posting it in the tech section and here.

If there is anything else I need to consider in the mpfi + Si (D16a6) cam swap, please tell :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts