Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok. ive got a 91 HF with a D15B7 swap and Si Tranny. I was using HF axels and hubs with the SI tranny but i had a bad wheel bearing so thought, what the hell, i can get a whole new DX knuckle and axle from a friend for $20. So i put it on and was wondering if im gonna have any braking problems or anything since the DX caliper and rotor is substantially bigger??

TIA,
Bryan

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no. thats what im asking. got an HF on the passenger side and a DX on the driver side. just wantin to know if it would be ok. now that i look at it, it looks like the rotor is the same size but the caliper on the DX is bigger. can/should i just switch the caliper to a DX one on the pass side?

·
Registered
1988 CRX HF
69 Posts
Im not 100% sure but i think the ex, dx and si are the same and the hf and standard are the same. I wouldnt risk it, you could go to the junkyard and pull a knuckle off the pass. side of any civic ex, si or dx and have everything the same, prolly for the same price as a new dx caliper would cost. the DX caliper may work im not sure. i have the passenger side knuckle (with all braking components) on a dx sitting in my back yard. PM me about it.

·
bwah ha ha ha ha
CRX
1,475 Posts
no. thats what im asking. got an HF on the passenger side and a DX on the driver side. just wantin to know if it would be ok. now that i look at it, it looks like the rotor is the same size but the caliper on the DX is bigger. can/should i just switch the caliper to a DX one on the pass side?
Ii would switch the pass cuz the driver side will prob pull harder now that it has a bigger caliper

·
Registered
1988 CRX HF
69 Posts
wam-crx,
i dunno if this is off topic or not, but could you put dx rotors and calipers on HF knuckles?

·
Registered
186 Posts
This would be a good oppurtunity to swap to acura integra ls knuckles/brakes :) . I did the swap a few months back and it has probably been the best money i've spent on my car.

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This would be a good oppurtunity to swap to acura integra ls knuckles/brakes :) . I did the swap a few months back and it has probably been the best money i've spent on my car.
yea i was thinkin about it but heh. I only need something to get by for now.

·
Registered
119 Posts
wam-crx,
i dunno if this is off topic or not, but could you put dx rotors and calipers on HF knuckles?
i have not tried that. so i do not know but i think it would work. there is only ?.100 diff between the HF and DX. not much of a upgrade. if that is what you are thinking. not worth the time it would take

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i already know that as i mentioned it in the first post.... its up and runnin thx.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,799 Posts
put the DX brakes on the other side, knuckles are the same, just the caliper bracket and rotor are different I believe.

The caliper should be the same.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts