Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This makes no sense to me.

240's should only be used for low boost applications due to them maxxing out their duty cycle relatively quickly correct?

Well I put 240s into my d16y7 with a 15g turbo, scaled them back through my emanage, and at 5200rpm, 96% throttle, the total duty cycle is only 81% with only a 10% increase in the fuel map. The car still runs pig rich around there (10 a/f).

Any ideas why this is? Shouldn't I have to add fuel more than this since there is no fuel table for boost in the stock ecu?

I have the boost clamp set at 5.00v with no CEL if thats of any value.

·
Registered
45 Posts
You're not flowing much air at only 5200rpm. 81% duty cycles would seem normal depending on the manifold pressure you achieved. Stretch your car out to redline and I'm sure you'll see your duty cycles go up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok how about this.

The only thing the emanage is doing is boost cut at 3.00v and injectors scaled from 180 to 240 (fuel is zeroed out)

6000rpm, 100% throttle, 73% duty cycle, 11.5-12 a/f

Shouldn't the car run lean as hell with no fuel map?

·
Registered
Civic Si hatch EH3 -
198 Posts
keep in mind that B16 uses 240cc to.. and can achieve more +200hp in the engine with they...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
keep in mind that B16 uses 240cc to.. and can achieve more +200hp in the engine with they...
But the pretuned map that comes with the kit for a Z6 has really high values (50%+) in it. I can't imagine the open loop map for the y7 being THAT different than the z6. Especially when the 240s are scaled.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
how are you logging the wb readings?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ok how about this.

The only thing the emanage is doing is boost cut at 3.00v and injectors scaled from 180 to 240 (fuel is zeroed out)

6000rpm, 100% throttle, 73% duty cycle, 11.5-12 a/f

Shouldn't the car run lean as hell with no fuel map?
Since your emanage is dialed for 180s and you've scaled it for 240s, it's effectively altering your MAP signal to the ECU for closed-loop fuel control. Therefore because you have the clamping set at 3.00V your MAP signal won't be clamped until it see's 4.0V (~5psi) from the actual MAP sensor due to the scaling.

You're not running lean as you expect because when you approach clamped MAP pressure your ECU is sending full (non-scaled back) pulse widths for 180cc injectors when you have 240cc injectors (33% bigger) installed.

The emanage doesn't have complete direct control over injector pulse widths. It reduces fuel flow by altering the map signal and increases by adding pulse widths.

·
Registered
92 4dr EG
172 Posts
how much boost ???
at wich rpm boost is maxed out
maybe modifing your values and decrease from there on

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how are you logging the wb readings?
aem uego

Since your emanage is dialed for 180s and you've scaled it for 240s, it's effectively altering your MAP signal to the ECU for closed-loop fuel control. Therefore because you have the clamping set at 3.00V your MAP signal won't be clamped until it see's 4.0V (~5psi) from the actual MAP sensor due to the scaling.

You're not running lean as you expect because when you approach clamped MAP pressure your ECU is sending full (non-scaled back) pulse widths for 180cc injectors when you have 240cc injectors (33% bigger) installed.

The emanage doesn't have complete direct control over injector pulse widths. It reduces fuel flow by altering the map signal and increases by adding pulse widths.
The emanage is actually for 240's so I installed 240s and scaled from 180s to 240s.

How does the stock ECU determine the pulse width in boost? Does it just take the last value it had (0 vac)?

Since the o2 sensor can handle the correction in closed loop, would I be better off manually scaling the injectors back through the airflow map rather than the built in correction thing?

·
Registered
45 Posts
The emanage is actually for 240's so I installed 240s and scaled from 180s to 240s.

How does the stock ECU determine the pulse width in boost? Does it just take the last value it had (0 vac)?

Since the o2 sensor can handle the correction in closed loop, would I be better off manually scaling the injectors back through the airflow map rather than the built in correction thing?
The emanage is just a piggyback that lets the stock ECU run on it's stock fuel tables. With boosted applications the idea is once you hit the clamp threshold the ECU will supply fuel based on 0 vac manifold pressure. The emanage fuel map will then supplement fuel by adding additional pulse widths on top of what the ECU is sending to the injectors.

Are the stock injectors on a y7 180cc? If so the emanage has to be dialed to what the stock ECU is expecting to function properly. When you install a set of different sized injectors then you use the injector correction which effectively scales the MAP sensor for proper closed-loop operation (the scaling also affects open-loop operation a la SAFC-style).

I haven't played with the emanage in a while but I would not configure the injectors through the airflow adjustment map. I only used it for fine tuning as a mechanism for subtracting fuel because if I remember correctly you couldn't do this through the fuel map.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts