Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys,
Have you heard about this motor oil?
It's synthetic blend and it's DuraMAX 5W30.

I'm asking because a friend of mine whose shop I'm using for oil changes and other repairs offered it to me, and I'm thinking should I switch. He offered me about 4-5 qrt. + filter for $20. Currently I'm using Valvoline Max Life (synthetic blend).

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rotella is conventional motor oil and the one I use now is synthetic blend, and I feel pretty happy with it. When run on conventional oil my car burns more oil compared to synthetic blend. I haven't try full synthetic yet.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
I would look on BITOG to see who makes the oil, I'm willing to bet Kendall does.

Last time I checked, bulk Kendall semi-syn was $9 a gallon plus a $2 filter (shop costs) and if your buddy has a waste oil heater.....it is getting cold outside.

$21.99 locally for oil change with semi-syn + taxes and shop fees, about $25 total. MY costs are $16 for a jug of 5w30 and a filter. If you have down an oil change on a CRV without a lift, you understand.

Going tomorrow (if I remember) for 6k mile oil change.

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
I run mobile 1 super 5000 conventional in all my cars. My vg30 sees 6k-9k miles between oil changes with clean dark amber waste oil.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
Old Exxon Super 5000 that I have posted about using, I loved it!

Mobil 5000 5w30 is $11.99 a 5+ quart jug at Meijer's last time I bought any.

At 160-175k miles who would know?

·
Registered
333 Posts
I was thinking GM Deisel engine.....I was thinking you found some oil exclusively made for that engine and used it in your civic.

Oh well, If you arent highly modded, or bone stock all together, you should be fine using it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts