Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up some more LS seats to go in my EJ8. Only problem is that they were tan...as you all know the interior color of EJ8's is black and mostly grey...no tan. I wanted black seats anyway. I went and picked up some Dupli Color fabric paint and painted one of my seats. I put tons of coats where I sit and lean back so that it would have a lot less chance of fading. Anyway, it looks great! Looks like it came from the factory like that. I'll get a before and after picture really soon (I still have one of them unpainted). They are a little stiff right now but are getting softer every time I sit in it. By the way, they're DA seats.

·
Registered
97 GSX-R 750
1,548 Posts
sounds pretty cool, post those pics then let us know how it looks in six months.

·
Premium Member
93 cx hatch
16,375 Posts
my buddy did this in his eclipse... he has to redo them like every 2-3 months from fading and he only drove the car to shows....

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha well mines not to bad. I've got a friend that did his carpet and it's nice. It's been done for a long time now. His other friend did his seats and said they looked really good and softened up after like a couple days of driving.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
haha well mines not to bad. I've got a friend that did his carpet and it's nice. It's been done for a long time now. His other friend did his seats and said they looked really good and softened up after like a couple days of driving.
i painted my door panel inserts black, stiffness is completely gone and looks great. Have had it this way for a year and a half now.

·
Registered
98 civic
2,429 Posts
i did that to all the interior panals in my car works great best this was a friend got his done by a painter cost hime 300 bucks mine cost 60 bucks and a afternoon...but still gotta put the painted dash in

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
<-- almost 2 years painted dash and every other trim piece you can think of. Shit holds up good if you prep it right.

·
Registered
97 EK
104 Posts
i was wondering about this stuff...so how come some people think it gets stiff and others don't? is there prepping involved that people are omitting?

·
Registered
98 civic
2,429 Posts
i was wondering about this stuff...so how come some people think it gets stiff and others don't? is there prepping involved that people are omitting?

prep depends on what you are painting all i painted was plastic pieces so i washed them with a de greaser and gave them a rub down with rubbin alchi.

i think it depends on the fabric u are painting for stiffness

1 - 14 of 14 Posts