Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is my wastegate and dumptube setup. Will i have a problem with the turbo sucking up the exhaust gasses with the dmptube being as short as it is?

i dont want my power to be affected, so i thought i would ask

thanks

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
wont hurt it but i would get it made longer or re-route it into the exhaust so it doesnt sound like shit.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wont hurt it but i would get it made longer or re-route it into the exhaust so it doesnt sound like shit.
i think open dump sounds mean as all hell. i like it, and im running open DP so it wont really matter too much. i just want to make sure that the gasses wont effect power output

thanks for the comment :TU:

·
insert user title here
domestic.
3,015 Posts
the exhaust gasses will kill your power. try routing to either the fender, or under your car. i found out how much a differance exhaust gasses kill power the hard way.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so i should just extend the tube to run down beside the dp? would that work?

·
insert user title here
domestic.
3,015 Posts
so i should just extend the tube to run down beside the dp? would that work?
that whould work very well. especially if you give it a few tac welds for structural integrity. trust me, youll still hear the wastegate open. some people think it even sounds louder because it resonates off of the ground.

Reactions: 94z6ex

·
Registered
an ej8 coupe
553 Posts
this what my buddys 1st gen talon tsi dumptube looks like. i think its a .60 trim that he has running 20psi, :thehump:

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
i think open dump sounds mean as all hell. i like it, and im running open DP so it wont really matter too much. i just want to make sure that the gasses wont effect power output

thanks for the comment :TU:
and yea if youre already running open downpipe then you'll be ok.

·
Registered
247 Posts
extend the dump tupe under the engine. After the oil pan works best

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
and yea if youre already running open downpipe then you'll be ok.
the heat coming off a dump tube that short would kill your power levels. i think it was jeff evans who gained 85 whp by rerouting his dumptube

·
Registered
94 civic si
613 Posts
lol ok. ive had ones way shorter than that before....
it doesnt mean your not murdering your power. at first i thought mine would be fine running no dump at all; boy was i wrong. running your dump in the engine bay can also over heat your turbo causing things to break, in my case the compressor backing plate.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
no it wont effect it but you will want to make it longer and make sure it goes down and not itno the engine bay
Are you not reading what has been said? Were are you getting your information?

If the dump tube is short and in tern the turbo sucks up that exhaust it WILL HURT YOUR POWER! End of story! :closed:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts