Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 hatch
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My turboed Ed is having cooling problems. I have got the temps a little more under control but above 85 of air temp the coolant temp starts to climb. I was looking at afco dual pass radiators and I found two that might work but I'm poor so I was wondering about converting my half rad to a dual pass. Any thoughts on this? It seems pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
88 hatch
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eg half rad cx racing 3 core. I'm working on wrapping things and I'm sure it will help but not sure if it will completely fix things.

·
Registered
94 Civic Cx
393 Posts
My old poormans r would do that too unless i took the hood off. That leaves me to believe bay temp were just stupid hot. Never got around to wrapping thing but from past experiences with friends cars it helped out alot on dd turbod hondas with the bay temps

·
Registered
88 hatch
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My down pipe is about 2" away and that's as far away as I could really get it. My manifold on the other hand is another issue.

·
Registered
88 hatch
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I sandblasted and painted a header I made before I wrapped it and all the paint came off anyways. My plan is to have it coated but wrap will have to work for now. My fan and shroud is from go-auto. I will try to move the radiator over. I have 2" of room to move it over but it will have to come up and I'm not sure the hood will be able to shut.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts