Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i was just going thru my amp manual and found that it has a dual mode system where you hook up a left and right speaker and then run a subwoofer off them. it shows me how to hook it up and i get that part. but now with these numbers would it sound better? would it be a good idea to do? should i use my door speakers(because i was going to)?

Door speakers: Sony XS-R6941

Peak Power: 240 W
Rated: 50 W

AMP : Sony XM-1652Z 1000W 2/1 channel

Rate Output: 200 W RMS x 2 at 2 ohm
165 W RMS x 2 at 4 ohm
400 W RMS (BTL)

Now what would my amp output to each speaker and the one subwoofer? right now i'm my amp is hooked up to one sub.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
You'll prob get a little less power to the sub if you you run it like that. If you're wanting a little more power for your door speakers, I would go with a separate amp, or maybe step up to a 4 channel and run the sub bridged off the rear two channels and the door speakers off the front. That way you'll have full control over the fronts and sub with crossovers for both.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone know what the each speaker will receive though? its a 1000W amp and im not worried about blowin my subwoofer cuz its 1200W but my doors are like 240W or so and i was wondering if it would be easy to blow. i might just hook it up and see if i like it or not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts