Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys forgive me if i am posting this in the wrong section i have searched and have found no real help...

I have acquired a set of dual keihin Carburetors from a d15b3 that we bought from JDM a few years back. Finding these on the top shelf i now want to fix the carbs to my zc sohc fully built race engine and would like to eliminate the 15 or so vacuum lines on the top and bottom of the carbies.

This set up is full race so the more i can remove the better.

-I would like to elimate the choke plates as in my eyes are just a restriction of air flow once this has been done you would have to plug the holes some how.

-There are 3 solenoids on the carbs 2 by the bore and one on the LH carb what are these for and can i eliminate them?

-How much can i tare off these bad boys and have them still work?

-Is there a diagram of what is what and how these actually work somewhere?

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
I would advise you getting some more experience and knowledge about carburetors before getting into your "full race" project. Carbs are fairly simple. If you understand how they work and what does what and why, this would be a easy project.

Dont forget about the differences in the fuel system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do understand carbs quit well... But unfortunately I am asking what are all the vacume lines about these carbs work off a totally difrent theory than say a Holley 4412 ect.

SOOO.... Is there anyone out there who can help or maybe there is somthing on the web I am missing in my search.

I mall I would want is a diagram of these carbs and a parts list I can figure it out in my own.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.