Any of you active investors out there?

What's your portfolio look like?

DAL 4
GPRO 5
GSBD 3
HBI 4
NVTA 2
SUM 3

Feel free to talk about your stocks and what you think could happen. Help float around some ideas and maybe help each other look beyond our horizons!

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
Well this isn't exactly stock talk but ... I found something that some of you might be interested in.

There's a "passive" investment app that has come out called Acorns. It is completely legit ... I did the leg work. Fully federally insured and all that good stuff. The developement team is actually super responsive as well.

Anyway the way this app functions is ... it rounds up your purchases to the nearest dollar (yes it needs bank account information and SSN, just like any other investment/bank account) and invests that for you. The service charges are fairly resonable (I think) $1/month up to $5K and then 0.25% per year total account value once you get there. I've been doing some research on some begining investment type stuff and it's kind of fun.

Betterment is another invesetment app/firm I've foudn that is supposed to be pretty good. Accounts under $5k require a $100/month deposit commitment and is $17.50 a year. Once you hit $5K you are no longer required to commit that $100/month and service charges change to a percentage of account total. They have a bit more diverse porfolio options than Acorns (and thus can be a little more agressive), but may not be the right choice for people who don't have the spare capital or income to commit to investing/saving.

Guess I'm more of a dabbler at this point, but I'm slowly working up to it.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah, I can handle my own money, I don't need others to save for me. Sounds like a way to make money off me.

Hahah

Jump on that GPRO train everyone!
It hit a great Low today -5%

·
Registered
557 Posts
COKE $114.52 +$0.52 +0.46% 250.000 $72.25 $28,630.00
+$10,567.50 +58.51%

I have a watch list i set up over time.. 100shares of coke at $72 8months ago is now at $114 which would be 10k+ now i have a few others that have been doing good

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm pretty new still, I am getting my feet wet trying a few different small things.

I bought 10 NVDA today, also looking at ALB Albemarle, Lithium supplier. Tesla just announced it's new lithium battery operation, as well as their car line which is partnering with NVidia for the LCDs

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
Understand CGT's (Capital Gains Tax) and plan on holding for a year (long term) or more.

Low to no income equals best time to play with the stock market.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yessir, thank you, Sir.

I am ~10-15 in Debt with student loans at the moment. About to Graduate

I probably have about that in possessions and car parts., about 2k liquid.

Trying to get into it while I'm young enough to have some advantage. I need to look out for myself after I graduate.

Looking for pointers. Reading about day trading.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts