Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
15 WRX STi
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I say we should have a meet at the end of the summer or something.
One that will actually happen lol we should have it at a park throw a BBQ or something. Whose down we can discuss location and all that good stuff .
Remember its THE END OF THE SUMMER DSO meet.
So we have quite a few months to decide just make sure to show up cause the last event i thought of, no one showed up and i felt like an idiot organizing all that... especially since i did it the legitimate way, and speaking with store managers and district managers, for the sonics meet in duarte.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am so down dude. As long as its not to far from me. I am sort of in between where they hold southern and northen cali meets so either way i wind up having to drive far. But i should be putting in a brand new motor this summer so by end of summer ill be ready to roll out to some meets!!!

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
We often do one in Fresno, problem is it's Fresno locals and nor cal peeps only every single time (which I'm cool with, just saying), I'm not aware of anybody having driven up from so cal, people always start off saying they will come, but then it ends up being the same 5 or so usual suspects (Sammo, Pat, Keelan, Dave, and myself) from the bay area/central valley going, with nobody from the other side of the Grapevine making an appearance.

Which reminds me, are we doing it again this year Sammo? You know I'm down for whatever, 'Q it up at your place or take it down south, that park in Pleasanton, wherever, just not down for Wild Wings or whatever, too much $'s...

·
Registered
15 WRX STi
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A few quotes here lol
I am so down dude. As long as its not to far from me. I am sort of in between where they hold southern and northen cali meets so either way i wind up having to drive far. But i should be putting in a brand new motor this summer so by end of summer ill be ready to roll out to some meets!!!
Well I moved further from the San Gabriel valley I'm literally 30mins or less from Barstow. So I mean if we plan on going close to or entering norcal it's A DRIVE but how much is your dedication to DSO? Is the real question for a few members on here lol.
And where would you have in mind?
Idk yet I'll take a look at the map when I get home I'm at work
We often do one in Fresno, problem is it's Fresno locals and nor cal peeps only every single time (which I'm cool with, just saying), I'm not aware of anybody having driven up from so cal, people always start off saying they will come, but then it ends up being the same 5 or so usual suspects (Sammo, Pat, Keelan, Dave, and myself) from the bay area/central valley going, with nobody from the other side of the Grapevine making an appearance.

Which reminds me, are we doing it again this year Sammo? You know I'm down for whatever, 'Q it up at your place or take it down south, that park in Pleasanton, wherever, just not down for Wild Wings or whatever, too much $'s...
Closest I've ever been up north was Yosemite lol
But I mean throw some ideas out there its a discussion anyways

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
I just drove to Bakersfield the other day, besides the front of my car now being brown in color from all the bugs splattered on it, it was not that big of a deal. I think that's about as far as I'd be willing to drive for a day trip, if I were to go much further (socal) for a meet, I'd have to crash someones couch...gas money and health are also a factor for me, disability doesn't pay shit when you didn't have a good job before going on it lol...I'm also supposed to be starting chemotherapy soon, not sure what to expect but if what I hear about is true for me, I just may plain not feel like going anywhere. We'll see how things play out for me

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
I think even the cencal members have nearly abandoned this site and right now neither of my Hondas are running so if something happens I dont care where it is. Im down for a road trip either way. A cruise would be great but I find it ironic that dso users complain so much about how far meets can be when it comes to gas, yet they drive cars capable of 35+ mpg stock.

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
I think even the cencal members have nearly abandoned this site and right now neither of my Hondas are running so if something happens I dont care where it is. Im down for a road trip either way. A cruise would be great but I find it ironic that dso users complain so much about how far meets can be when it comes to gas, yet they drive cars capable of 35+ mpg stock.
Amen Brother Chris!

I mean, fucking seriously, I rode with the Shelby and Ferrari clubs from Dublin to Virginia City for a hillclimb event there, don't get me wrong, those guys were probably a bit more affluent than the typical Honda owner, but ONE of those cars seriously consumed enough gas to get ALL our Honda's to one central location lol...but whatever, I'm not here to judge, if you don't want to go, don't. Just don't say you're going when you know damn good and well you have no intention of going in the first place and then come up with some weak sauce excuse like it's too far away is all I'm on about

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
Anyways, getting back on point...let's do a meet. Where? When? I'm all for going to Fresno again, it's not too far, I'm down for other places too...I'd say let's do it up here in Ceres or Modesto but their is literally nowhere to have a meet, all the parks with a parking lots big enough to facilitate our needs are jam packed on the weekends...there is that druggie park behind the airport, but, I dunno, how many of ya'll got your CCW permits? lol...

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
It's too far.

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
Auto club speedway
You know, the thought had entered my mind to try meeting at Willow Springs Raceway, problem is, as has been discussed in preceding posts, that people say they will come and then don't. Costs a fair bit of money to rent a track for the day, if I thought there was a snowballs chance in hell that even half the people who say they will come would actually show up, I'd look into the logistics of a "DSO West Coast Open Track Day"...I'm sure it's a situation where the more people that show up and participate the less it costs

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
Yeah, I keep seeing him posting those, damn, I wish somebody was doing that up here for Laguna Seca or Sears Point, I'd have done it at least a couple times by now. That HPDE I attended with SOHCiTOem was closer to $200 + NASA membership dues + local shop likely charged for scrutineering, needless to say, I didn't actually participate...but I did show up like I said I would lol.

I was thinking more along the lines of a group of us getting together like we do in Fresno but at a race track, my guess is nobody would come as it would be further and more expensive than the events most people already don't come to if you know what I mean

·
Pew Pew!
EJ6
3,509 Posts
What Ive noticed is a few things.

Money factor = Alot of us are still in hard times. I would never want to force upon someone something if they didnt have the means to do so themselves.

Simple forgetfulness - People just say . OH SHIT, Yeah! I'll come. Then disappear for the next 2 months and bing! seees the thread again and say, Sorry, I cant go anymore due to X reasons.

Simple lazyness - Not much I can say here. LOL.

As for myself, I am more than willing to go anywhere. I just need to know when and where and time. So that I can prep the car for the long haul.

But in the end it will never be 100% for anyone and everyone, Lifes events comes and goes and some can not be foreseen. If its trouble at home/family. Family comes first. As it has happened to me on the day of the event, but I made sure I contacted EVERYONE to let them know and I mean EVERYONE. that I have personal numbers to of course.

but if its a simple as, I didnt get to save up for gas. Then hell. I'll fork out cash out of my own pocket to fill up peoples tanks if they are serious about going.

Side note: I am actually planning a trip to Death Valley in the end of May to go backpacking =D

·
セックス大好&#
'93 240sex
505 Posts
Lets all meet in the middle of the country, like around Tulsa OK

:lol:

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
I was thinking about going to CA late this summer around August. I still need to get the car running, and that's my free month of the year.

I gotta make it road legal though first. Doubt i'll pass any Tech... Hahah :(

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
You will be passing by here on your way, might have to get a convoy going.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts