Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay I am wanting to turbo my 95 d15b7 and pretty much leaning towards putting the 14b on it. If anyone could help me with a list of everything I am gonna need and what you guys used. Thanks.

From what I know:

14b turbo
manifold (suggestions b/c I want to keep a/c)
1g DSM BOV
450 dsm injectors (do I need to use resistor box for these)
FMIC and Piping kit
Head Gasket (what is recommended)
ARP Headstuds
Chipped ECU (what exactly needs to be done)
Not sure what to do about Fuel?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was mainly wondering on a few exact things. Such as manifold, injectors, head gasket, tuning and fuel.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
i recommend a mandatory leak down test and compression test stat before boost !!!
oem z6 or y8 headgasket (although there the same y8 is cheaper)
chipped ecu tuned on crome
boost controller
boost gauge
oil lines
oil pressure gauge
vacuume manifold( not recommended but its great to have one)
as for manifold look into a greddy manifold figure a way to clock to turbo to give you room

·
Registered
131 Posts
If your current headgasket is fine, leave it for now. I'm currently running the exact same setup with no problems. Fuel will also be fine, stock setup will support at least up to 300hp. I've clocked the turbo and managed to still use the stock wastegate. I'm using a hf manifold with and bmc adapter but I have no AC.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
leak down and compression test are a must
450's and a resistor box would be good to use
dont keep the A/C mang to much weight...thats why they made windows in a car you will be goin fast put the windows down

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well see, I am moving away to another college soon. Thing is, this is the only car I have to drive and I want to have something to play with but I still want comfort. I live in NC and it gets pretty freaking hot here at times. So if I have to lose my a/c it won't happen. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Well see, I am moving away to another college soon. Thing is, this is the only car I have to drive and I want to have something to play with but I still want comfort. I live in NC and it gets pretty freaking hot here at times. So if I have to lose my a/c it won't happen. Thanks for the help.

got to sacrifice comfort to go fast bro . have a good one

·
Registered
121 Posts
im about in the same situation as you are in. just get a ac compatible log manifold and a t3/14b adapter from bmc race because most hte log manifolds are t3/t4. make a custom downpipe for the turbo and youre set.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts