Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
milano red ej8
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,i have tried searching this everywhere but couldnt find any info on this anywhere.

Ok so i have 97 coupe and i am trying to wire in the resistorsto run my dsm's. And as you all know the dead end plug is under the intake mani. So what i wanted to do is wire them in right up by the injector clip(a few inches away tho). So im just curious if that would work or do i have toget them by the dead end plug?

Thanks in advance guys. and all input is welcome.

·
Registered
milano red ej8
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that would be great if i was gonna use a resistor box. i just want to use theindividual resistors from radio shack. I have searched a lot on this, thanks tho man

Anyone else?

·
Registered
414 Posts
hey , yeah they will work fine right at the injector plug! this is how i have mine wired

I had the same problem, d16y8; dead end plug under the mani, and its like bolted in under there, haha no thanks!!.

·
Registered
milano red ej8
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey , yeah they will work fine right at the injector plug! this is how i have mine wired

I had the same problem, d16y8; dead end plug under the mani, and its like bolted in under there, haha no thanks!!.
ok cool thanks man. i have searched all over but i havent found anyone that wired them that way i just wanted to make sure it would work.

·
Registered
414 Posts
sure thing man! my suggestion would be to strip the wire as FAR away from the injector as you can, i didnt pay particular attention to this, and now it looks kinda messy =/ oh well ill redo it when I pull the motor in a couple weeks. also be sure to solder solder solder!!! very important you have good connections, this aint no underglow kit! hahah

·
Registered
milano red ej8
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ha ha for sure man. thanks for the help tho man.

Anyone else run their resistors like this?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Quite a few people actually. Solder and shrink wrap are your friend.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I have also seen a guy make a plug and play type. He used a resistor bob but same thing could be done with individual resistors. He soldered the wires to a plug that plugged in where the dead end plug went. No need to cut the factory harness that way.

·
Registered
milano red ej8
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the help guys, i just said forget it with the rad shack resistors. i got a box from the local yard for 15 bucks and i made a pnp harness for it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts