2,692 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
hey man its really easy.. it sucks i just did my 2nd resister box install and i totally forgot my camera to do a wrietup... damn

anyways.. heres the deal.. if you wanna do it the clean looking way its easy... take the engine harness out of the car.. follow the injector wires.. now theres 8 wires on the injectors..4 of them will be different colors and 4 of them will be yellow with a black stripe....

i cut the loom off the harness.. you can see where theres a split so you can put it back on.. but on the injector side i cut the loom and then on the drivers side of the harness.. theres a plug with nothing else that plugs into it thats where the yellow and black wires go.. undo the looom so you can trace back the 4 yellow/black wires go for the injectors.. now what you do is cut it close to the plug...

on the dsm resister box theres 4 wires that are the same color and 1 wire thats a different color.. take those 4 wires and solder them 1by1 to each of the yellow/black wire off the injector.. then take the one wire thats the different color then the others on the resistor box and solder it to all 4 of the wires left un soldered that go to the plug..

i hope this helps you out... heres a picture of what im talking about
maybe next time when i do a dsm resister box install.. i will remember my camera to do a writeup

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
if you have both ends of the plug you can do the solderless install like this:

Thats exactly how that ht thread shows how to hook it up and thats exactley how mine is done.Clean and solderless,almost oem looking

·
Registered
EG6
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i like the drawing... its pretty... ill ask my 4 year old daughter and see can tell me what its says... j/k thanks

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
heres my install.. my friends looks way better then mine..

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Now I'm doing a DPFI to MPFI swap I have DSM 450 and a SI resistor box that should be fine right all I have to do is hook up the swap the normal way and just plug in the injectors and they should work fine
yes

·
Registered
344 Posts
whats the differnace

Ok I'm not really understanding whats the difference between using the Honda's resister box to the dsm resister box? Whats the benefit?

·
Registered
12 Posts
on the dsm resistor box, does it matter which wires coming out of the resistor box go to which injector? ( the ones that is all the same color)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts