Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i searched but didnt find any info....

i have a turbo that my friend said it came from a 95 Eclipse, he also gave me a brand new o2 housing with it...i bought new gaskets from the dealer, the turbo to o2 housing gasket matches the turbo, but does not match the o2 housing...the housing is bigger...how do you tell what o2 housing or even the turbo came from?

any help would be greatly appreciated !!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Can you get pictures of it? It might be a EVO III O2 housing, but really can't tell without pictures.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
'95 = 1g, right?
I'm pretty sure the EVO 3 o2 housing should fit a 14b... isn't the evo o2 housing just ported? I can't remember if 14b and t25 have the same o2 housing tho...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
`95 is 2G, the 2G is an upgrade over the 1G with porting. The EVO III is an upgrade for both. the 1G can be opened up to 2 1/4" with no issues, 2G can go to about 2 3/8" inlet and 2 1/2" exit. The EVO III is about 2 1/2" in and out from the factory. I believe I have all these right, I actually have a ported 1G and 2G along with an EVO gasket I can measure tommorow.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i will get pics on tuesday and get them up...parts are at work...the bolt pattern is the same, just the ports dont seem to match the gasket i got...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
There's not always enough material on the gasket to trim it, but I think that only applies to useing a 2G gasket on a EVO III housing.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There's not always enough material on the gasket to trim it, but I think that only applies to useing a 2G gasket on a EVO III housing.

then this is what i have...if i trim the gasket, there will be not enough there to separate the wastegate side/exhaust side...

·
Registered
649 Posts
`95 is 2G, the 2G is an upgrade over the 1G with porting. The EVO III is an upgrade for both. the 1G can be opened up to 2 1/4" with no issues, 2G can go to about 2 3/8" inlet and 2 1/2" exit. The EVO III is about 2 1/2" in and out from the factory. I believe I have all these right, I actually have a ported 1G and 2G along with an EVO gasket I can measure tommorow.
95 is a 2g dsm but its not an upgrade for the 1g you got it backwards, and the evo o2 housing has the same o2 flange...

95 ZC LX----I think I have the gasket for it somewhere in my garage If I find it i'll send it to you for free.. I'll let you know I"m just too busy right now to go look for it. LOL

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
95 is a 2g dsm but its not an upgrade for the 1g you got it backwards, and the evo o2 housing has the same o2 flange...

95 ZC LX----I think I have the gasket for it somewhere in my garage If I find it i'll send it to you for free.. I'll let you know I"m just too busy right now to go look for it. LOL
The 2G is much larger than the 1G. After porting both I can tell you with certinty that the 2G can be ported larger than the 1G. All 3 have the same flange at the turbo, but the EVO opening is set lower in it's casting and use's a 2 1/2" opening stock. It also sits at a slightly differant angle than the 1G or 2G, but can be used in place of either if your willing to force your downpipe in place or alter it depending on how it fits.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that would be great, thanks alot...no rush, i know the holidays are busy times...

i sent the pictures from work to home, now just trying to size them to get them up...(dam work has d-series.org firewalled!!!)

·
JDM Justin
95 del Sol
812 Posts
i thought the 14b was 1st gen and the t25 was 2nd gen??

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
two of em'

on the o2 housing, there is very little gasket area touching....

Attachments

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
i thought the 14b was 1st gen and the t25 was 2nd gen??
Fist gen are 14B on 5 speed cars and 13G on autos.

two of em'

on the o2 housing, there is very little gasket area touching....
Looks like you have a 2G T-25 gasket with a EVOIII O2 housing. Just get an EVOIII gasket from Slowboy Racing, it's like $10 or $15 shipped.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
would i need to port out the o2 housing, that looks like it would disturb the flow out of the turbo...i know its the wastegate side, but would it matter?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
You need to be makeing some power before you need to think about porting an EVO III housing. It's supposed to be good for 400HP+ as it is. I'd just get the gasket and call it a day. If you cut the divider and exhaust starts flowing between the 2 sections boost creep can occur, but it's not gonna happen on a T25. Hell, I'll swap you a ported 1G housing if you don't want to get the gasket.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts