·
Registered
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone confirm this quickly for me?

390cc injectors are red and come from AUTO 1G turbo DSMs

290cc injectors are red and come from 1G NON-turbo DSMs

450cc injectors are blue and come from 1G manual turbo DSMs and all 2G turbos

The difference between the 390 and 290 is important because I'm considering buying either one on ebay right now and don't want to screw myself.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well, auction ended... got the injectors... i've been reading alot of posts that say they're grey, but some say they are pink/red. Apparently it changed depending on what model DSM you have... eclipse, laser, talon. The non-turbos are also red/pink...

we shall see.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
dont forget the 2g dsm turbo 5 speed black top 450's .. i have those on my car.. on the plastic , on the top half of the injector it should have the letters and numbers "bl450" on it.. then they are 450's.. i have had blue and black top 450's and they both had those letters and numbers on them..

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
konigcivic said:
dont forget the 2g dsm turbo 5 speed black top 450's .. i have those on my car.. on the plastic , on the top half of the injector it should have the letters and numbers "bl450" on it.. then they are 450's.. i have had blue and black top 450's and they both had those letters and numbers on them..
Yep just a different nozzle and spray pattern. Supposedly the black tops have a more desired pattern than the blues.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
from what i read about the black/blue tops,

the blue tops are a tighter stream... while the black tops are a wider stream. Wider apparently helps with idle.

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,441 Posts
makku said:
from what i read about the black/blue tops,

the blue tops are a tighter stream... while the black tops are a wider stream. Wider apparently helps with idle.
blue tops up in here, and yes they do help with idle. my car wants more fuel than it should to idle smooth.:beer:

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
makku said:
Can anyone confirm this quickly for me?

390cc injectors are red and come from AUTO 1G turbo DSMs

290cc injectors are red and come from 1G NON-turbo DSMs

450cc injectors are blue and come from 1G manual turbo DSMs and all 2G turbos

The difference between the 390 and 290 is important because I'm considering buying either one on ebay right now and don't want to screw myself.

Hello Makku, how are u? Hey do you happen to know what would be the ideal injector size for running 7psi? Ive changed my mind again and thing that I am going to boost my 5th gen....but Ive decided to go with 7 psi instead of 12.....will 390cc injector be fine...or if anyone else knows...thanks!

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it will be plenty...

don't you run greddy kits off stock injectors? those boost at what... 6psi? The only rule of thumb is to create a turbo bin with chrome/uberdata and check the duty cycle of the injectors... if any of them go above 80% then it might be too much for the injectors to handle.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
makku said:
it will be plenty...

don't you run greddy kits off stock injectors? those boost at what... 6psi? The only rule of thumb is to create a turbo bin with chrome/uberdata and check the duty cycle of the injectors... if any of them go above 80% then it might be too much for the injectors to handle.

True that.....what are the stock size 290cc? I will check the duty cycle. I just wanted to know where a good place to start is. Thanks Makku.....I guess this means I dont have any extra parts now, sorry. I change my mind way too much. lol.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
stock is 240cc

unless you have a y7, then it's 190cc...

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
So if I went with 290cc's just make sure the duty cycle is under 80%...if its over move to 390cc's? Sounds good, thanks. I am eventually going to need some help with tuning. I have uberdata and like 13 eproms (with a burner) but last summer when I burned a eprom with a base map with the intent of data logging, I couldn't get it to work. I think the EPROM may not have been erased before I attempted to put a base map on it...oh well, thanks again!!!

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
or 310cc from RC...

do you know how to do it? take a boost bin... say it's for 450cc... go to the options and go from 450cc injectors to whatever you got and then check the duty cycle.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Within uberdata interface right? Ya, Ive seen that before but have not had the chance to mess around with it. By right, couldn't I just copy someone's .bin file and use that if it is the same setup as me....(boost pressure and ECU matching exactly) and tune from that meaing make a new .bin off that already closely tuned .bin...instead of starting from scratch? I always wondered that...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts