Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of lucas 550cc injectors for a dsm.

here is a pic of them:

i dont think they have the large o-ring needed for the install in the IM. Does anyone know where i can get the o-rings?

thanks

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are going to use them in a Honda just use the stock Honda ones and grind out the center hole little. I just used a carbide cutter on a drill for mine.
thats good to hear. I was wondering that......but i didnt know what kind of shape the orings would be when i pulled them out of the mani. I havent looked yet, but thanks for the info.:TU:

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what about the little o-ring on the bottom of them? Does that need to be removed or sanded down? it doesnt fit into the IM

thanks

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
what about the little o-ring on the bottom of them? Does that need to be removed or sanded down? it doesnt fit into the IM

thanks
try this...

put the o-ring in the manifold first, then try tightening down the fuel rail slowly and evenly. they should pop right in.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it doesnt seem like the injector is going in to the IM that far, it is bottoming out, meaning, its going in as far as it can, but there is quiet a bit still sticking up above the big o-ring. The fuel rail still seems to bolt up correctly, but i just hope there is still enough there to seal the injector so it doesnt leak. I cant get a pic of it right now, but i will try to get one up tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Pictures always help.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imagine the part under the yellow line to be the intake manifold (yeah i know, it isnt even close to resembling one) and the part above to be how much of the injector is sticking up past the oring.

like i said, ill have pics tomorrow of it on the IM, but this will do for now:

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bore the seals with a die grinder or dremel

my RCs were supposed to be direct fit, but they needed the seals bored. i tried to get them to pop in like my DSMs, but they werent having it
the lower o-ring that i asked about earlier isnt going in......period. without major sanding on it. Its alot bigger that the hole in the mani allows for. I dont think that will be a problem since the blu top dsms dont have that o-ring either. i guess it would be added insurance to stop leaks, but oh well.

The larger one is grinded down.

im posting up pics right now. I got my crap camera out, so they arent that great of quality, but they will suffice!

pics will be up in about 5 minutes!!

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

you can see in this pic that the dsm injector doesnt go quiet as far into the runner as the stock injector did, yet the injector is sitting the same height on top. The fuel rail fits fine as if it were stock. not sure if that will pose a problem if its not in as far.......anyone know?

·
Registered
225 Posts
bore the seals with a die grinder or dremel

my RCs were supposed to be direct fit, but they needed the seals bored. i tried to get them to pop in like my DSMs, but they werent having it
I used the RC injector seats for about a month until they ripped! it gave me a nasty vacuum leak and when i went to look for the leak fuel was spraying everywhere.. after using the OEM seats it was exactly how your picture shows and ive been doing fine for months now.
PS feel the DSM seats and if they are easily flexable i would use OEM injector seats.. just my $.02

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I used the RC injector seats for about a month until they ripped! it gave me a nasty vacuum leak and when i went to look for the leak fuel was spraying everywhere.. after using the OEM seats it was exactly how your picture shows and ive been doing fine for months now.
PS feel the DSM seats and if they are easily flexable i would use OEM injector seats.. just my $.02
when you say seats, which o-ring are you talking about?

but, your injectors are sitting real high up like mine are and everything works properly?

·
Registered
225 Posts
when you say seats, which o-ring are you talking about?

but, your injectors are sitting real high up like mine are and everything works properly?
the seal between the injectors and the IM.. its hard to tell exactly how far up they are but i know when i used the OEM seals they pushed up the injectors a noticeable distant (probably 3-5mm) and thats without any grinding of the o-ring

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the seal between the injectors and the IM.. its hard to tell exactly how far up they are but i know when i used the OEM seals they pushed up the injectors a noticeable distant (probably 3-5mm) and thats without any grinding of the o-ring
well, the o-ring is the oem oring. The injectors didnt come with any so i have to use the oem one.

ive sanded the inside of it to get the injector to fit and everything, its just that the injector bottoms out on the IM and that causes it to stick up higher.

weird thing is that it lines up nicely with the fuel rail and everything, so im not really worried about that. It sits the same height as a stock injector, but just looks like it has a potential to leak because its not that far into the runner.

I should prolly wait until i get my skunk2 IM, but im test fitting on the stock until it comes in. maybe for some highly doubtful reason the skunk2 IM will have a larger port to let the injector seat further in.

but do you think ill be okay with it like that after the fuel rail is bolted down and everything?

·
Registered
225 Posts
well, the o-ring is the oem oring. The injectors didnt come with any so i have to use the oem one.

ive sanded the inside of it to get the injector to fit and everything, its just that the injector bottoms out on the IM and that causes it to stick up higher.

weird thing is that it lines up nicely with the fuel rail and everything, so im not really worried about that. It sits the same height as a stock injector, but just looks like it has a potential to leak because its not that far into the runner.

I should prolly wait until i get my skunk2 IM, but im test fitting on the stock until it comes in. maybe for some highly doubtful reason the skunk2 IM will have a larger port to let the injector seat further in.

but do you think ill be okay with it like that after the fuel rail is bolted down and everything?
but just looks like it has a potential to leak because its not that far into the runner.
if youd like ill go measure the difference between a ripped RC injector seat and an OEM injector seat just to give you a threshold of proper/allowable distance.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
let me go find the ripped RC seal and an OEM seal and ill tell you exactly how much taller they are...
right on man....i appreciate that!!

also, the green o-ring pictured in the very first pic of the thread.......it the one that goes into the fuel rail. i think it is a little too large because it doesnt seat all the way into the rail. I could put it in by hand or anything so i tried to get it in by slowly and evenly bolting the rail down. it pushed it in but i could still slightly see a little piece of the o-ring, so i know it didnt push up into the rail like it should have.

will that be okay just as long as it doesnt leak?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts