Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently running 560cc evo 8 injectors in my setup. I am upgrading to Precision 780cc injectors(for a little more cushion room). The insulators are pretty rough, so I wanted to replace them. What size do I need? I am running a skunk2 intake manifold, if that makes any difference? Anyone know? I just want to make sure I am good to go for tune date in a few weeks here....

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Insulator?
You mean the one rings?
If so the normal honda ones work just have to drill them out some.
yeah the O-rings... Oem will work? Hmm Drill them out to fit the injector? or to fit in the intake manifold properly?

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
stock orings, dremel and a sanding drum.... about 10 seconds per oring.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
its just a light sanding on the inside correct.... because the dsm injector is a little wider?
Yes. Just a few seconds on the inside then test fit. It's OK to fit tight, just lube them up and slide the injectors in.

·
Registered
2000 Tundra
153 Posts
Is there anything wrong with just cramming them in the stock o-rings? They were a little snug for me but nothing extreme.

·
Registered
372 Posts
this something you can get just about anywhere?
The only place I know for sure to get it locally is Grainger. You can also order it online.

Is there anything wrong with just cramming them in the stock o-rings? They were a little snug for me but nothing extreme.
You just don't want to drag and tear the o-ring or stretch it past the point that it will return to it's desired size that's all. Realistically you could use about anything that was a lubricant as long as it isn't damaging to the o-ring material....soap, spit, etc. Engine oil should work too.

The reason I used it was because after I sanded out the inside of the injector seal to fit my EVO injectors they were still a little too tight for my liking, but I needed to get the job done so I could get on the dyno. So instead of sanding them more, I just threw some lube on and stuffed 'em in. No problems yet.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well I went to mod the oem injector lower seals and they fit snug without any modding? Its weird because I figured they would need a little bit of sanding... They are the evo version of the precision 780ccs... Maybe the factory dsm injectors have a slightly larger base than aftermarket injectors do.... either way I think Ill be good!

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Never tried those, only used the 450's. The insulator/orings needed modded in my application.

Just about any lube will work, I use silicone spray or grease, whatever is handy. No need to go out of the way to get a specific type.

Just use the Dremel as stated, sand a lil and check fit. Youll have to hold the O ring in your fingers, use some snug fitting rubber gloves. May save some skin lol

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Never tried those, only used the 450's. The insulator/orings needed modded in my application.

Just about any lube will work, I use silicone spray or grease, whatever is handy. No need to go out of the way to get a specific type.

Just use the Dremel as stated, sand a lil and check fit. Youll have to hold the O ring in your fingers, use some snug fitting rubber gloves. May save some skin lol
I am more concerned about the injector fitting in on the car, so I might have to sand them down. I am still not sure until I attempt to swap injectors. But worst case it wont be bad... Ill keep posted with the results...

·
Registered
2000 Tundra
153 Posts
Yep that's what I did on my 450cc's. Went in like butter. The first time I installed them I dremeled the seals and ended up taking them too far. I ran rtv between my injectors and seals for years like that. This time I didn't bother and just put the seals in the intake and then injectors in the seals.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Snug fit without modding them. I prolly could've trimmed them up a little bit. But with some super lube injector lube they went on very snug and NO LEAKS. Perfect.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts