450cc injectors
t25 turbo
fuel pump
safc
smic
piping
bov
wastegate

will the mani fit? what about the drain line (obviously will still have to tap oil pan)? are there other parts i am forgetting about? thanks for the help
450cc injectors - Yes, you need to make or buy, or even use the resistor box from your eclipse if you still have it. But you need a resistor box. This is under the assumption that you are going to be running obd1 with a chipped ecu.
t25 turbo - Very popular turbo for use on d-series turbo motors. Check for shaft play though.
fuel pump - Never heard of someone using a fuel pump from a dsm in their honda. Ours are in tank and i belive they need to be model specific. Check out walbro.......you may be able to get away with a gsr as well, depending on the power you plan to make
safc - Ditch this and run a chipped p28 tuned with crome or uberdata
smic Not capable of supporting alot of power, but it definately serves its purpose. May require ALOT of custom piping........may be easier to sell that and buy an ebay fmic
piping Not sure if you will want to even bother with the piping. May be easier to buy an IC piping kit of ebay for like $60. Unless you can find a location for the smic and the piping fits just perfect...........i wouldnt mess with it otherwise
bov - I would rock the hell out of the bov......i love dsm bov's. thats what im running except mines from an evo 8.
wastegate - did you block off your internal wastegate on the t25 and buy an external, because if not, then the t25 is internally gated and you have to use it if you use the turbo. they are set at 8psi from the factory i believe on a t25.

The manifold will only fit if you make some sort of jank adaptor plate, which i wouldnt reccommend because the porst wont line up correctly causing terrible exhaust flow. so NO, the mani wont work unless you want it to be jank and rigged up.

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
450cc injectors - Yes, you need to make or buy, or even use the resistor box from your eclipse if you still have it. But you need a resistor box. This is under the assumption that you are going to be running obd1 with a chipped ecu.
t25 turbo - Very popular turbo for use on d-series turbo motors. Check for shaft play though.
fuel pump - Never heard of someone using a fuel pump from a dsm in their honda. Ours are in tank and i belive they need to be model specific. Check out walbro.......you may be able to get away with a gsr as well, depending on the power you plan to make
safc - Ditch this and run a chipped p28 tuned with crome or uberdata
smic Not capable of supporting alot of power, but it definately serves its purpose. May require ALOT of custom piping........may be easier to sell that and buy an ebay fmic
piping Not sure if you will want to even bother with the piping. May be easier to buy an IC piping kit of ebay for like $60. Unless you can find a location for the smic and the piping fits just perfect...........i wouldnt mess with it otherwise
bov - I would rock the hell out of the bov......i love dsm bov's. thats what im running except mines from an evo 8.
wastegate - did you block off your internal wastegate on the t25 and buy an external, because if not, then the t25 is internally gated and you have to use it if you use the turbo. they are set at 8psi from the factory i believe on a t25.

The manifold will only fit if you make some sort of jank adaptor plate, which i wouldnt reccommend because the porst wont line up correctly causing terrible exhaust flow. so NO, the mani wont work unless you want it to be jank and rigged up.

wow a bit of misinformation in this post.

1. dsm pump is in tank, and is already installed. needed a tad bit of modification, but fit just fine. been running on it for 2+ weeks now..
2. injectors- as far as i know dsms don't come with resistor boxes, i need one off a honda
3. safc, i already have it, plan on getting about 180whp on MAX of 8psi so i think i will be fine with an safc hack + wideband for now
4 wastegate: i have NEVER seen a t25 wastegate go off at 8psi. NEVER. mine went off at 14-15psi stock, then once i installed an exhaust it went off at 20-23psi.. my best friends was at 13, installed a filter then it shot up to 17psi..

my turbo has a TAD bit of side to side play but is ok.. i don't think that i can make 180whp on it, which is my goal, so i may buy a 14b and port the shit out of it..
anyways my goal is to spend as little money as possible, and reuse as many parts as possible. and jank and rigged is what makes it fun right?? lol

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
wow a bit of misinformation in this post.

1. dsm pump is in tank, and is already installed. needed a tad bit of modification, but fit just fine. been running on it for 2+ weeks now..
2. injectors- as far as i know dsms don't come with resistor boxes, i need one off a honda
3. safc, i already have it, plan on getting about 180whp on MAX of 8psi so i think i will be fine with an safc hack + wideband for now
4 wastegate: i have NEVER seen a t25 wastegate go off at 8psi. NEVER. mine went off at 14-15psi stock, then once i installed an exhaust it went off at 20-23psi.. my best friends was at 13, installed a filter then it shot up to 17psi..

my turbo has a TAD bit of side to side play but is ok.. i don't think that i can make 180whp on it, which is my goal, so i may buy a 14b and port the shit out of it..
anyways my goal is to spend as little money as possible, and reuse as many parts as possible. and jank and rigged is what makes it fun right?? lol
great that the fuel pump works......

i have a resistor box from an eclipse right here in front of me.......

if you feel comfortable running the afc hack, then go for. Lots of people do it with no problems......its all in personal preference. Chipping and tuning with crome would make me sleep easier.

if your t25's wastegate went off at 15 psi, thats pretty crazy. i could have swore they were internally gated at 8 psi from the factory....

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have a resistor box from an eclipse right here in front of me.......

could you please post the pic of this? not doubting you, but i have the motor in front of me and cant see anything that reseambles a resistor box..

·
Registered
342 Posts
i think thats all u can use... sell the rest...

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
could you please post the pic of this? not doubting you, but i have the motor in front of me and cant see anything that reseambles a resistor box..
here ya go.....

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
yeah, i can pretty much guarantee that the wastegate is at about 8psi from the factory. I have a friend who lives and breaths dsms and when your around them enough, you get to know them a little bit........

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On the DSMs the ECU helps to set the boost level, not just the wastegate.
how is that? there are no electronics on the dsm wastegate. just one vacuum line..

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok just went outside and could not find a resistor box.. do you know what year your resistor box is off of??

BLUE= electircal connector that i marked off..

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
ok just went outside and could not find a resistor box.. do you know what year your resistor box is off of??

BLUE= electircal connector that i marked off..
man i have no idea.......i bought it from a memeber here on d-series.

his buddy wrecked his eclipse and they were parting off pieces from it......i grabbed up the resistor box.

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
man i have no idea.......i bought it from a memeber here on d-series.

his buddy wrecked his eclipse and they were parting off pieces from it......i grabbed up the resistor box.
damn.. that could be another $10-15 i could possibly save.. on top of the $100+ i could save IF the wastegate really is set at 8psi, and IF that guys comes up with some evidence that the dsm ecu modifies the wastegate somehow..

anyways off to go and get my motor off the truck and onto the engine stand.. while at autozone i will see if they have any exhaust mani gaskets for a civic so that i can go ahead and test fit it to a dsm mani.. be back in a few..

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.