Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SOme dsm guy told me that the dsm blue top 450cc injectors have a different ohm load than our 88-91 civic injectors resistors. I told him they have worked for 100's of guys with 4g civics so i gues its not big enogh ohm difference to matter?

W

·
0 Posts
yea man ha ha look at my post in engine building this was covered like a day ago

·
Registered
286 Posts
First off this IS NOT MY great idea. I found out about it by searching on this site. lol
My $0.10 instructions:
First off you will need a Resistor box that still has the connector on it (about 6-8" from the box itself)

1)Find that "dead end" connector that has the injector wires in it
2)Check for continuity and find out which yellow/black wires are your injectors
3)Pull out the Injector wires from that "Dead End" connector (I found it easier to pop out that white cover inside the "Dead End" connector before pulling out the wires. That way you can see what is actually holding the wire ends in)
4)Insert these Yellow/Black injector wires into the Resistor Box connector (make sure they match the black wires on the other side of the Res box connector)
5)Add a tip on the remaining wire FROM the Resistor Box Connector and stick it in the "Dead End" connector (doesnt matter which hole you use)

·
The H Badge is it!
91 crx
5,657 Posts
to answer the original question...

he probably thinks the 88-91 peak&hold(low impedence) injectors we have are actually saturated (high impedence)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts