Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I know this question has been beaten to death..

I cannot find a straight forward answer for obd2 clips. I have 1st gen 450cc (blue tops) with dsm clips. Apparently I can just dremel out the clip to make it fit? is this true?

Second question.. I have a resistor pack.. is the clip the injector wires are going into that I want to tap? Pictures would help. I've seen pictures for obd1 cars but obd2 cars have different placement.

This is the only part of the install that I am having trouble with. I've seen all the links and diagrams.. but cant seem to find one with obd2 cars.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i doubt it I need the obd1 clips.. I'm pretty sure I can just cut a piece of my existing clip. But ill keep it in mind

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
why do people say 450cc i have blue to injectors and on the said of them in the blue part it says 440.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
csaddict said:
You would be wrong. You need the OBDI/OBD0 clips. Other that totally destroying the clips you have. Basically the resistor box goes inline between the Yellow/black wires to add about 10 ohms resistance.
i took a look at the clips.. all I need to do is just basically shave the plastic and try to make it fit.

·
Registered
726 Posts
ek_chris said:
Yes, I know this question has been beaten to death..

I cannot find a straight forward answer for obd2 clips. I have 1st gen 450cc (blue tops) with dsm clips. Apparently I can just dremel out the clip to make it fit? is this true?

Second question.. I have a resistor pack.. is the clip the injector wires are going into that I want to tap? Pictures would help. I've seen pictures for obd1 cars but obd2 cars have different placement.

This is the only part of the install that I am having trouble with. I've seen all the links and diagrams.. but cant seem to find one with obd2 cars.

i think we are actually twins seperated at birth....besides the fact we have 95% same car.....we both going turbo and have exact same injectors lol:eek:

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hahaha..when our cars are down he have to have a cruise or something if either of us are in town.

As for the clips.. I'm going to put a piece of paper on the obd2 clips and trace that.. then see what i have to do, do the dsm clips to make them fit nice and snug.. If worse comes to worse.. I will just dremel that plastic right off and tape them on.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ek_chris said:
i took a look at the clips.. all I need to do is just basically shave the plastic and try to make it fit.
you can definitely just shave out the piece in the middle of the injector to get the clip to connect......I have done this before as well.........ez as a shit on exlax

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
zoubz13 said:
you can definitely just shave out the piece in the middle of the injector to get the clip to connect......I have done this before as well.........ez as a shit on exlax

excatly which piece are you talking about? Pictures would help.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
don't have any available pics this was on my friends car.....sorry but just compare the injectors to your clips and shave what doesn't look like it fits.........just leave as much as you can with it still fitting to allow for a snug fit:)

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yup thats what im going to do.

Okay guys thanks

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
with mine i got rid of the little piece inside injector and the stock honda clips snap right on thanks to the like metal around the clips. :D

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
what about o-rings? Did you guys have to buy different o-rings? or just re-used the oem's?

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
some people say to use different ones but i just jammed them in there

·
Registered
30 Posts
Why don't you just wire in the DSM clips.....that's what we did on my buddy's OBD-1 civic.....didn't feel like messing with the stock injector clips so we just wired in the resistor box and original DSM clips....everything fits nicely!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts