Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a 94 Civic hatch with a d15 non vtec that I have just installed a turbo on. I have a set a dsm 450cc injector black top that i bought off craigslist that came with a resistor box. I know for sure that the injectors are 450s but Im not exactly sure if the resistor box is a dsm one or just a stock honda one. Is there any way to identify? Also i have absolutly no way of how to wire them up. Ive read on many many fourms that its easier to do some sore of inline resistor to each injector than to wire up a resistor box. Some I have read that you dont even need any resistors. I have no idea on how to wire them up. I am pretty good with soldering and electrics as long as i have a full step by step instructions. Somebody PLEASE HELP!

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
idk about the eg but most hondas use saturated injectors, those dsm are peak and hold which is why you need the resistor box setup. i do know the older crx and hatchbacks had resistor boxes from the factory

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
*sighs*

I'll have to repeat this about a million times:

INJECTORS ARE NOT SATURATED OR PEAK AND HOLD!

They are either low impedance or high impedance. Saturated and peak and hold are injector control methodologies, which is referring to the )(#*$(*$# ELECTRONICS CONTROLLING THE INJECTORS.

So, please, stop saying stupid stuff.

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
did you get them flow tested? you don't just wanna slap them in not knowing what kinda condition there is. I plan to run DSM 450's and I had them sent out for flow testing and cleaning and im glad I did. as you can see in the pic below 2 of them were a bit clogged. those flow numbers are at 2.25bar/32.6psi fuel pressure

Attachments

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
*sighs*

I'll have to repeat this about a million times:

INJECTORS ARE NOT SATURATED OR PEAK AND HOLD!

They are either low impedance or high impedance. Saturated and peak and hold are injector control methodologies, which is referring to the )(#*$(*$# ELECTRONICS CONTROLLING THE INJECTORS.

So, please, stop saying stupid stuff.
My bad for stating what i have read and was told, ok so most hondas are high impedence stock and dsm injectors are low impedence...............

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Resistor box

Here is the picture of the resistor box i have. It is going in the 93 honda civic DX hatch d15B7. I think when i started this thread i might of put a 94

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also am installing a walbro 255 fuel pump and FPR to support the injectors. Ill i need is an instruction manual on how to wire these injectors up

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok that diagram helped out alot, im just want to make sure the placement of the wires are correct. so im going to repost the picture of the diagram pointing out my questions.

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Ok that diagram helped out alot, im just want to make sure the placement of the wires are correct. so im going to repost the picture of the diagram pointing out my questions.
Cut the yellow/black wires. Take the wires coming from the harness and wrap/solder them together with a single wire coming off of them and run it to the resistor box red wire....then run a black wire to each of the cut yellow/black wires going to the injectors

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
the yellow and black wires are just the power wires. I believe it gets power from the main relay. best thing to do is unwrap the harness and see where you can splice in at a convenient spot where you can mount the resistor. check where the engine harness connects on the drivers side. probally the same on a 94 cause the main relay is on the same side....

I added a resistor box to my crx wich was easy cause they come with one but it was bypassed by the previous owner.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts