Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I need to know if I´m gonna need bigger injectors,

Turbo Apexi kit with 440 dsm injectors runing 15 psi of boost, somebody told me that I must run bigger injectos if I´m gonna run more than 12-14 psi of boost.

My car is doing 219 whp and 213 tq but looks like is so lean, could be the injectors or just the map.

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
My friend runs about 231 hp on his RC 440s...no signs of a lean condition. I don't think "psi" has much to do with the calculation, but I could be wrong...

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My friend runs about 231 hp on his RC 440s...no signs of a lean condition. I don't think "psi" has much to do with the calculation, but I could be wrong...
Thanks bro, any idea how much hp´s could handle the 440cc´s??

I think that exist a way to calculate but I can´t find it.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts
i think evosol did around 320 hp on his 450 cc injectors. but he was on water/meth injection so that was kinda pushing it.

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys , I think I´m gonna keep my 440´s

·
Registered
214 Posts
well, why dont you look at your datalog and see what the a/f is and see if the injectors are maxed out...and see if the fuel pressure is correct...
if you are lean, and the injectors are maxed, then sounds like you need to check your fuel system...

·
Registered
106 Posts
When Eric tuned my car, the 450s were running at 35% duty cycle under full throttle/load so id say that 300hp as stated above sounds about right since you want to run injectors at about 75-80% duty cycle max to keep the setup reliable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts