Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok not sure if anyone has covered this or not but im gonna risk it and post up any way.

i know it has happened to almost everyone. waxing your car and then dang you get it on your plastic. and might be somewhere you didn't notice right away and now it is dried on. nothing will take it off, an ol guy came into work and tole me about it because he seen some left on the spoiler of my 96 hatch. he said some smooth skippy peanut butter will take that right off. tried it and wow it works awesome, even took the sun damage off and made it darker.

hope this helps some people :)

·
Registered
2003 Jeep Rubicon
1,006 Posts
hahaha. did not know but thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nope mine has lasted through 2 washes and a couple rains. it may fade a little after a bit i am sure but i know the wax is gone for ever

·
Want access???
98 Hx Coupe
12,304 Posts
peanut butter obviously has oil in it.. which will make faded paint and plastics appear darker for a short period of time
much like the liquid gold ....you can also use a product made by Ardex called Details part #6200 it is a silicone base spray made for plastic trim and such.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
true, eagle 1 also makes one, but yea i fined they fade in a hurry. so far peanut butter has stood up best, but that wasn't the point of the post, it was the fact it removes wax residue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts