Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i am new here and hoping you guys can help me with a question. I am currently using a 55 shot on my z6 with fpr, walboro 255hf, ngk -2 plugs, ngk wires, and msd. I am looking to go with eiher a 75 shot or higher and am wondering what else do i need to be safe. What type of internals are recommended and is the zex cam recommended?

·
No more Honda's :-(
3,223 Posts
very good question i would like to hear more about this to. i know that you need some injectors.

·
No more Honda's :-(
3,223 Posts
i can't really reccomend a size to you. i know that mista bone uses a set of ford 30 lb injectors. from what i hear it's a easy mod to install them. i think that you need to make the injector seals a bit bigger. talk to mista bone (transzex) and he might let you in on his secret. i also have a friend that is running the same mods that you have done to your car on a 97 ex and he sprays a 75 shot for the last to years. but he has chipped 3 valves in that time and he complains all the time about it breaking up. so i would listen to what some people have to say about what injectors that they use.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
yes sir, Ford 30# injectors (just slightly bigger than 310 cc/min) are need to ensure enough fuel.

Prelude injectors in 290 cc/min will work, but I got the Ford "redtops" very cheap.

The stock injectors can only flow enough fuel for 210 hp. Z6 @ 125 hp and ZEX @ 75 hp, you are walking a thin line.

What FPR are you running????

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have the B&M fpr and guage. will the prelude injectors fit without resizing? If i were to go with internals what do you recommend?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have never really been a big fan of nitrous. A lot of people around my town like it, but the way I drive I would go through a bottle a day lol. I need to go ride in somebody's sprayed car to see what all the fuss is about. I guess it could be fun to a point, but my turbo on the other hand is always there. I don't think I would like it if my car was slow all the time until I pushed a button either. :?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
you fell for the Venom injectors??????

When they quoted 15-20% gain from a ECU alone, I put them in the same stable as Phantom Grip.

·
Registered
314 Posts
transzex said:

When they quoted 15-20% gain from a ECU alone, I put them in the same stable as Phantom Grip.
I meant 10% over the stock flow of the stock injectors, not power wise, if that is what you are refering to.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
preluve vtech injectors from same yr is about 285c-310cc. they crop right in and work perfectly for low nitrous apps.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
Diablo said:
transzex said:

I meant 10% over the stock flow of the stock injectors, not power wise, if that is what you are refering to.
Venom quoting "10%" flow gains on their injectors, and "15-25%" power gains on their ECU's.........

Not gonna happen. These inflated/false specs means they are on the same level as Phantom Grip.

If you need bigger injectors, look into Accel/Ford.

BTW Accel/Ford 24lb/hr injector flow 255 cc/min and are about 60% of the price Venom wants to charge.

I'm running Ford 30lb/hr "redtops" which flow 325 cc/min on my daily driven Z6 at 32-35 psi fuel pressure.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah if you are interested in the ford injectors you can get them at steeda.com for cheap. i used to own a focus zx3 and when i supercharged it i got the 30 lbs and it ran like a champ.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had a nitrouse express wet kit and know have a turbo setup. I love the turbo so much more. Yeah it is fun to be able to hit a button and go faster but that cost $$$$$$$ to much of it for a matter of fact .. Not worth it. I have also heard of so many people blowing a motor over that stuff. I was close myself. I would just prefer to have it all the time. I love being able to put the pedal down and hear that turbo spool up and the ssssswwwwwwwwsssssssssssshhhhhhh. Man I love turbo. If you like juice that is your choice......I personaly like haveing the power all the time.Also if you wont to go with n20 I would atleast run with a wet kit......I have a fuel solenoid and a shark nozzle if you would be interested in buying it. Let me know what you think

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am thinking of doing a n-cooler kit but not for sure yet.Just kinda wont to get away from it due to how much it cost to use....

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.