Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:

The other day I heard knockin in my engine...when i check my dipstick it was completely dry. I quickly figured out i f:jesus: ked up the crank, bearing and rod on piston #1:crying: . I havent been leaking b/c i would of leak on my drive way and i havent been burning b/c my car gets serviced regularly. AND I KNOW THERE WAS OIL IN MY MOTOR B/C I WATCH MY BOY AT THE DEALER PUT IT IN WHEN HE DID MY OIL CHANGE!!!! so the questions are...where could of my oil have gone...and could i have used it all up racing and eating shit everyday? could somebody have drained my s:jesus:t to f:jesus: k me? i doubt but who knows its too late now. i dont even have a turbo (yet) and my oil was all used up(maybe idk)? i jus swaped it for another y8 so w/e. the damage was done and im almost over it. i jus wanna some light shined on this b/c i dont kno where i went wrong.

:sadface:

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
if some one drained your oil; that guy is a hardcore dick... I'm guessing you were burning oil... how long ago had you checked your dipstick?

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
how many D's would be saved by a factory oil pressure gauge?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if some one drained your oil; that guy is a hardcore dick... I'm guessing you were burning oil... how long ago had you checked your dipstick?
Since the oil change. It hasnt even been 2500 miles. it could use up that much oil that quick dude?

Mine didnt even turn on and i heard when they do its too late.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Lots I love it on my subaru.

But ej8d16y8 the oil doesn't just get up and walk away. It leaves a trail. Follow it.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Since the oil change. It hasnt even been 2500 miles. it could use up that much oil that quick dude?
anything is possible.... my dad's truck burns at least a quart every 2000 (on a 'professionally' re-built bottom end :sadface: ) ...

honda 'low-oil pressure' light = 'you're-fucked' light...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lots I love it on my subaru.

But ej8d16y8 the oil doesn't just get up and walk away. It leaves a trail. Follow it.
dude if i would of seen something i would of done something about it. im on top of my car. thats why i posted this thread b/c i have no idea how i could of lost 4 qts in 2500 miles.

Thats alot of oil to burn. When was the last time you tuned it up. If its been a while the burning oil may have built up on the plugs. Pull em out and post a pic.
i justed tuned it up like 4 months ago

·
Registered
52 Posts
if you see no visible leaks, then its burning it somewhere no question.

thats alot of oil for an engine to consume in that short of time, so its def a burning prob, like stated, if there are NO visible leaks.

does is smoke bad on a cold start??? = symptoms of bad valve seals.

or does it smoke on a hard pull after its up to temp?? = possable rings.

its going somewhere!!!

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
yea our "oil light" is an idiot light it flips on when its below (lol) 5psi. mine flicked on RIGHT after this happened with the y8 :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
if you see no visible leaks, then its burning it somewhere no question.

thats alot of oil for an engine to consume in that short of time, so its def a burning prob, like stated, if there are NO visible leaks.

does is smoke bad on a cold start??? = symptoms of bad valve seals.

or does it smoke on a hard pull after its up to temp?? = possable rings.

its going somewhere!!!
No, definately no smoke during start and none at high RPMS b/c my friends that i race would of told me something and i would see smoke thru my rear view. it had to of burn off BUT IDK HOW WHERE WHEN etc.

maybe the oil fairy came and took all ur oil i hate it when that happens
yea i think ur on to something.

yea our "oil light" is an idiot light it flips on when its below (lol) 5psi. mine flicked on RIGHT after this happened with the y8 :)

yea looks like what happened to me...it sucks huh?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts