Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
EJ1 Coupe
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just looking at doing this to my EJ1 coupe.

however i have a few questions.

Can i use a drums handbrake line from a sedan or does it have to be a disk handbrake cable?

Also im planing on using a DC2 rear setup does it matter if the caliphers are bigger than the front?

thanks

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,054 Posts
how much research have you put into this yourself?

·
Registered
EJ1 Coupe
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
read a couple of guides and they pretty much mention a general parts list.

and when i lookup handbrake cable needed for a coupe all the answers are sedan, but none say disk or drum.

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
First thing, you need to make sure the vehicle you are sourcing the parking brake cable from originally comes with disc brakes. The end of the cable is different between drum and disc parking brakes, and the drum end will not work with the caliper.

The end should look like a "U" with a hold drilled through the uprights.

·
Registered
EJ1 Coupe
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha ive done more now, so and i see the majority of people say only do it if your racing/autocross etc and that the other half do it for aesthetics admittedly.

im doing it for the later and mainly because i have what i think is all the parts.
First thing, you need to make sure the vehicle you are sourcing the parking brake cable from originally comes with disc brakes. The end of the cable is different between drum and disc parking brakes, and the drum end will not work with the caliper.

The end should look like a "U" with a hold drilled through the uprights.
sadly parts are just sitting there and i dont have a car to fully raid off, but thanks for the tip
didnt know i needed brakelines as well, they were cut, guess il just wait longer

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,054 Posts
the car is well over 20yrs old. it wouldn't hurt to replace them anyway

1 - 8 of 8 Posts