Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i wated a rhd 11 second DD while im building my 9 second race car .. well i started.. motor should be in this week and tuned next weekend

cleaning the used 57trim i bought out..

all i need to do is take out the axles and un bolt the top 3 mounts and shes out...

got a lil exhaust leak .. messed up my nice paint..

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
now thats what I like to see...Taking out a DOHC to install a SOHC..lol love it

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
your gay lol

but seriously, you'll have more fun with the turbo anyways.
hehehe b16 is a d16 with a extra cam and small stroke.. woo hoo i made 600whp ... but only 350 ft lbs of tq :(

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
supprisingly, my friends turbo B16 made more torque than a lot of the turbo gsr's iv seen rolling around. i dont know exactly how it happened but it did. other than that, they suck.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
^ smaller turbo>? built/tuned for early power band not a dyno queen prolly.

go figure turboek has nothing positive to say about it... why are you even on D series forums? all you do is DOWN d series.

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
so i wated a rhd 11 second DD while im building my 9 second race car .. well i started.. motor should be in this week and tuned next weekend
no one else caught the fact he said 9 sec race car :) cough cough dreamer cough cough :)

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
no one else caught the fact he said 9 sec race car :) cough cough dreamer cough cough :)
the shell

some parts waitong to go on the race car

yah i know man im such a dreamer this GT42R sitting on my work shirt in my garage ONLY makes 900+ whp

it only take money.. to go 9's and when u use a sleeved gsr with a rlz ported head its not too hard..

im getting the chasis certified to run 9's right now should be front halfed by this summer and build the motor this summer 2009 i will go 10's

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
^ smaller turbo>? built/tuned for early power band not a dyno queen prolly.

go figure turboek has nothing positive to say about it... why are you even on D series forums? all you do is DOWN d series.
only thing done to it is wiseco 9:1 pistons and eagle rods. log manifold and a .50/.48 turbo.

it put down 300w/250t. i was supprised

only thing different between my turbo and his turbo is that my turbo has a .63 exhaust housing

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
i agree with turboedek.. if you already had a b16 swap.. why not grab up a gsr block and boost that?
props for doin what ya want!
I agree with that... I love D's as much as the rest of you guys but like it or not a B has way more potential.

But nice looking build so far! That race car should be alot of fun when its done too.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i agree with turboedek.. if you already had a b16 swap.. why not grab up a gsr block and boost that?
props for doin what ya want!
guess ur not gettign the point.. this is my daily.. and low 11's will be plenty fast for me in a DAILY

the race car gets a B

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
I agree with that... I love D's as much as the rest of you guys but like it or not a B has way more potential.

But nice looking build so far! That race car should be alot of fun when its done too.
yeah true everyone knows that, but how many people are looking for over 600hp? not many. So a D is perfecto. just for the reason of how its doubted so much.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts