Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was driving my 93 EX that is turbo charged a few weeks ago in the snow and dropped my transmission. It slipped out once while driving but I didn't really notice it and thought I may have just slipped on the snow. A little later I was taking a corner and went to shift up to third after the corner and lost everything. The tires never lost traction once to cause any serious stress on the tranny though. The transmission will still go into gear and turn because you can here it and see it affect the speedometer, but it won't transfer to the tires. I'm thinking I tore up the differential. What do you guys think? Is the tranny trash or can I just replace the diff. with a limited slip and be good to go? :(

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
do you hear a grinding noise when you try to go

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not really when I put it in gear and let out the clutch you can here spinning in the transmission and if in 2nd or higher the speedo jumps up to a certain speed limit but no grinding really just the whir of the spinning. There was a clunk when the tranny dropped out other than that nothing

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
check your cv axle on the drivers side pull it out and look at that and the half-shaft maybe one of them went out

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No........I experienced that before I put on my stage II clutch and lightweight flywheel. The clutch grabs but doesn't transf to the tires somewhere from the tranny to the axles.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NOPE guys.........its the transmission...........axles are fine, so if anyone has a tranny and or a lsd they want to part with pm me! Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts