Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how the hell yall drive with a/c on?

when i drive with a/c it lags big time, when it does it kinda piss me off because i can't get out the hole fast enough only if i really gun it.

I need to drop a v8 or something so i won't be feeling the lag.

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
totally worth the lag. my camaro will get to 60 in 5 but it sucks in the summer but i would trade horsepower for a/c anyday

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
I haven't had a/c for the past 8yrs, since my first car, '86 Ac Legend.

Columbia, SC..summers average temps in the 90s, humidity in the 90%range, and heat index in the 100s.

a/c is for yuppies.

:bigok:

·
Registered
97' Civic
723 Posts
my 93 four door has a/c (current DD) and its SOO nice in the summer. i do notice the lag and when the a/c compressor kicks on/off.

·
Registered
98 civic ex coupe
938 Posts
some newer cars have electric Ac compressors, no load on the engine. It bugs me how noticeable it is when I'm cruising or getting onto the highway and turn on my ac in my Si. The car falls on its face for a second.

·
bwah ha ha ha ha
CRX
1,475 Posts
It's a bit bothersome to do driving in the city (especially in H-town) in stop and go, but I push that little blue or green button on the right that says A/C off when I take off from the light so I will not have the lag from my a/c when I am taking off. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
some newer cars have electric Ac compressors, no load on the engine. It bugs me how noticeable it is when I'm cruising or getting onto the highway and turn on my ac in my Si. The car falls on its face for a second.
wish i got that because i drive so slow the point where people try to drive me off the road. :(

·
Registered
huh?
1,315 Posts
When i was livin in the desert, my a/c button was my boost button...i,d hit the button just so i could pass someone, or get on the freeway...but now that im back home, i might pull it out...it doesnt get more than 75 really on the upper westside...go down to the southside of the island....you might die with out a/c...

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
I haven't had a/c for the past 8yrs, since my first car, '86 Ac Legend.

Columbia, SC..summers average temps in the 90s, humidity in the 90%range, and heat index in the 100s.

a/c is for yuppies.

:bigok:
And that's why Columbia, SC is the "sweatiest city" in the nation...or so I read. LOL

I don't have A/C ATM either, but I've got to get it in again cuz of the new GF. Can't have her all sweaty along with me! LOL :sweatdrop:

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
And that's why Columbia, SC is the "sweatiest city" in the nation...or so I read. LOL

I don't have A/C ATM either, but I've got to get it in again cuz of the new GF. Can't have her all sweaty along with me! LOL :sweatdrop:

It makes for a good excuse to drive her car when going anywhere.

That's what I used to do with the ex.

me: i'll drive.

her: you don't have a/c.

me: ok, i'll drive your car.

and the benefits of having a crx when the "group" wants to go somewhere.

me: i'll drive, but somebody's gotta ride with the spare tire.

I've never had anyone say ok to that...

·
Registered
same as above
1,084 Posts
When i was livin in the desert, my a/c button was my boost button...i,d hit the button just so i could pass someone, or get on the freeway...but now that im back home, i might pull it out...it doesnt get more than 75 really on the upper westside...go down to the southside of the island....you might die with out a/c...
It must be a desert thing ac goes off when i get on the freeway til i get up to speed or if i need to pass someone then it goes off as well but when its 100+ its hard to live without it.

·
Registered
huh?
1,315 Posts
People laugh when they see me do it, but it feels like im draggin a anchor behind me w/ it on...lol
the worst was when i got my saab shipped from Maui to the mainland...fuckers broke my nobs looking for drugs or whathaveyou, and didnt bother to tell me...so of course it was stuck on heat....in the desert...in the summer....with a black conv. top....and black leather interior....worst. driving. experiance. EVER!

god i loved that car though...

·
Registered
huh?
1,315 Posts
no can do in the HX...lol...im in "vtec" at 3000, and it still lags....

·
Registered
eg9
344 Posts
i've never been in a honda with cold a/c its always barely cool the whole clicking the button to accelerate gets old and annoying and the fact that it sounds like you're trying to race from light to light sucks!

·
Registered
huh?
1,315 Posts
Not race....but get on the freeway at a mergable speed...yes

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
your an idiot if you have AC and remove it in a DD. See what happens when you wanna get rid of it what kinda price it pulls. If your that worried about having AC but it hurts your power you can hit it the button off for that one second. If its making you drive so slow people wanna drive you off the road theres other problems with your car

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
your an idiot if you have AC and remove it in a DD. See what happens when you wanna get rid of it what kinda price it pulls. If your that worried about having AC but it hurts your power you can hit it the button off for that one second. If its making you drive so slow people wanna drive you off the road theres other problems with your car
well my compressor is gonna go out soon because is making chirping noise.

also why u gotta be so ugly??
do u see me be ugly to u?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts