Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a A6/Z6 vitara with full head/block build and running a p28 with Hondata S300. My tuner is about a 40m drive away and I'm wondering if its ok for me to drive there at low rpms, out of boost, or if I should trailer it to them before I drive even on a basemap. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Personally I drove the car with a basemap 30 mins to a "tuner" and ruined a honda. Have also done it with no problems. Personally I would disconnect the boost piping and keep it under 3000rpm to avoid over spinning the turbo. As long as it's not super lean the laggy na drive should be fine

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb
1,892 Posts
If you have a wide band you can load a similer build basemap on your ecu, pull a little timing then just watch you A/F. And drive there.

at a light cruse you would need some crazy lean a/f to do any damage. Dont load the engine up to much. Less throttle angle is better then low rpms if your unsure of the timing or fuel.

BUT really if your not in boost a stock a6 map should get you there no problems at all as you have lower comp then factory and 91 fuel.

·
Registered
^^^^
2,129 Posts
I don't see an issue if you're not getting down on it and you're literally "limping" it there. Couldn't you disconnect the turbo and run a stock ECU with the o2 on?

And if you're using Hondata, couldn't you even limp it there in "auto tune" mode with the turbo disconnected? That way, it would be throwing fuel where needed in case you were leaning out?

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,939 Posts
I would rent a car dolly from Uhaul and tow it over there but that’s just my opinion. Why chance it with a build that you’ve invested a lot of time and money into?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts