Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Currently have some drive shaft shop 2.9 series driveshafts/axles.

After I did a transmission rebuild earlier in this year I Ran the car up on jack stands and noticed the inner cvs had a serious non uniform balance.

After looking at them closer there is evidence on the outside of female side of the inner cvs show distortion on the casing.

Probably from a number of year of racing with high amounts of torque on slicks etc.

Has anyone ever experienced this problem ? Would this usually be a complete unit replacement or cvs only

Cheers

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Have you contacted Drive Shaft Shop yet?

Many here run stock axles because we know how to not break shit. At least the people that broke enough shit to learn.

·
Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,036 Posts
I wish stock axles had held up when i was making 6800rpm launches (and yes i did preload to take all the slack out of the drivetrain before launching) on 22" slicks with 1.8 60' and I was only making 180hp and 160lb/ft at that time.

i agree with TheToaster though, email the driveshaft shop they should let you know what they recommend.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,313 Posts
I wish stock axles had held up when i was making 6800rpm launches (and yes i did preload to take all the slack out of the drivetrain before launching) on 22" slicks with 1.8 60' and I was only making 180hp and 160lb/ft at that time.

i agree with TheToaster though, email the driveshaft shop they should let you know what they recommend.
Why I used 20" slicks at 7500 rpm launches on spray, on stock axles, without preloading. 1.816 60'

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
a user asked, have you contacted DSS?

they will have a better answer than any user on here for their own products

<------- never broken an axle. Ive broken quite a few transmissions though. Never have had a Bone rebuilt tranny, else I would not ever have broken a tranny

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
"...I break tranny's on the regular."

Eddie Murphy

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts

You were doing something wrong man.

Thousands of hits here, only started to break axles regularly when I switched to 24.5" slicks and was making well over 500whp.

Thousands of hits, from 1.5s to 1.8s on 22's and 23's, no regularly broken axles.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
I'd contact Dss Mate and see what they could do for you. I've been running stock autozone axle for years and have never broke one, not even with my 24x9x13 slicks. Haven't heard of this issue before though

1 - 9 of 9 Posts