Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need your help. My transmission axle seal are leaking and I need to replace it. I have the trans off the car and looking at the seals, I am not sure what's the right way to install the new seals. Do I need a special tool to press in the new seals or any regular tool on hand I can use in combination with technique or manuever to install seal properly. All your suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
civic
207 Posts
No special tool needed, I just used a small hammer and tapped around the edges till it was in, then use a screwdriver to pry it where it's square and not crooked. Dont push it in too far or you'll have a constant leak. Just even with the outside case it all it takes

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
^The above is not needed to replace just the axles seals. Just pop out the old seals using a flat head screwdriver. Lightly oil the outer part of the new seal, and hand-pressin new seal. Place old seal on top of the new and tap into place...not too deep though! The lip of the seal should sit flush with the lip of the case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts