Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Ek sedan
382 Posts
Dremel for little stuff but it still takes forever to do something like porting a head or even cutting an intake pipe. I'm actually looking for an electric die grinder right now because my dremel is on its last leg.

·
Registered
1993 Civic EX Coupe
72 Posts
Realistically it depends on the task at hand. Large jobs require a grinder if you require less precission. Small/fine jobs requiring accuracy and precision are best done with a dremel or oscillating tool, especially if space confines are an issue.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
yep tool for the job sort of thing.
I've had the same dremel for 10 years, and it is the BEST tool for small jobs period. but anything larger and it's time to grab the grinder.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
dremel, sometimes die grinder, some times angle grinder some times sawzaw....all depends at the task at hand

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
buy a decent dremel and the $9 harbor freight 4.5" angle grinder, the HF dremels suck but the HF angle grinders are beasts

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
HF 4.5" angle grinder with Dewalt 120 grit flapper. What used to take two hours of hand filing to modify Y8 3-4 fork to use Z6 3-4 sleeve, only took 10 minutes.

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
Like others said right tool for the right job, when I built my intercooler piping for my car I didnt have a grinder so I used my dremel and cutoff wheels, lets just say it blew big time, shitty fitup for welding (makes welding suck) and was so time consuming changing the damn wheels every couple minutes

1 - 12 of 12 Posts